Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Is Resistance Pilot still worth it?

I need second character to farm in GW. I have maxed Luminara Unduli, Captain Phasma and my primary focus is Poggle the Lesser.

The question is - RP or IG-86?

I usually run following setup in the Arena:

Dooku (L)
RG
GS
Phasma
QGJ

Who could RP replace (if she is even worth)? Also, Rey is one of my farming priorities in LS-DS Battles.
  • I have RP at 7*. She got nerfed big time in the last update. Now not really viable at all. 86 is a better bet.
  • "Jedi2407;342591" wrote:
    I have RP at 7*. She got nerfed big time in the last update. Now not really viable at all. 86 is a better bet.

yep, 86 is the correct option now. RP is dead to me for now.
  • I'll eventually fall to the level where farming her will be kind of must, it just depends when. At current moment, I don't think she could find place in my line-up at all. IG-86 can be leveled for Droid-team on the other hand with no special effect right now.
  • In all honest I had more problems fighting an RP in the arena than IG-86 but this is in part due to the groups they are found in... If for any reason IG-86 doesn't have the support of poggle, IG-86 slow speed doesn't really help it. RP is a more self contained character and not as reliant on other supporting characters.
  • I guess I just don't even know what viable means anymore. I've had 86 for months and he is definitely a staple. He's a superthug. Love him. RP is different. She has all kinds of weird turn meter and other attributes which make her a little more interesting as opposed to the straight up damage of 86 or GS (love them both, but they are almost exactly the same and only have assist + damage unless you are running a droid / Geo team synergy - then it pretty much boils down to extra damage more than strategy wrinkles).

They definitely nerfed RP and I just got her to 7 * a couple of weeks ago. But after the nerf, she is still number 2 in power out of all my characters. Am I upset that I poured so much time/resources into starring, leveling and gearing to see her nerfed? A little, but she is still very fun and tough. And risk will always be in the nature of the game. For example, I got Ahsoka Tano a long time ago because I liked her potential and thought she might turn out to be worth while. Sure enough, they later announced the yoda event, made QGJ a FTP character, then gave her a big upgrade not too long ago, so there's a balance. At least in my case. Best o' luck!
  • I was so disappointed when they ruined her. Definitely not worth it anymore; I wish I had the credits I invested in her back. :[
  • im stubborn. started farming RP when they said slower toons will hit harder, wasnt true, but i must and shall get RP to 7*
  • RP also has the dubious distinction of being one of the hardest to gear up. Nerfed and a nightmare to gear? I stopped farming her at 3 stars, 170 shards. Getting Biggs now, assist helps in the protection meta. he just might come in handy, heard good things about him on Rebel teams.

On topic, 86 is one of the best damage dealers.
  • There's no doubt in my mind now - IG-86 it is. Thanks for helping me decide, every post in the thread was worth reading and thinking about it.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago