Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Is Young Han Solo any good?

Hey everyone. I'm wondering your guys opinion on young han solo. I know that scoundrels/smugglers aren't a very good faction/sub-faction, but Young Han Solo seems like a pretty good character. So, he has 145 base speed without mods. Add some mods and push him to let's say 210-220. Then you use his Upper Hand ability, he could easily have 410-420 speed in just a few turns. Because every time he used Upper Hand would bring the next turn even faster, it wouldn't take long to make him super speedy. A scoundrel squad with Vandor Chewie zeta for the revives seems especially strong. Qi'ra, Young Han Solo, Young Lando, Vandor Chewie, and Nest or L3-M3 seems like a ridiculously strong team.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I have him relic’d and zeta’d. He’s solid but nothing worth building a squad around or anything.
  • They are pretty good. You need Vandor Chewies zeta and nests, the rest are optional
  • I just got him to G12 since I had some gear lying around. I'll put him on D with Q'ira, zNest, zVC and L3 to see what happens. I was running a G11 IG 88 (AoE banner reduction) or Baze (cuz some people don't know what to do with multiple tanks) before. They'd get a few defends, but nothing to write home about. If it's a team that can take a viable counter away to make some other team harder, then great.
  • I went all in on the Solo toons when they first came out. Yolo is my only regret.
  • If you want to go Qi'ra-lead scoundrels in arena, I'd go with Q, L-3, Raid Han, Chewie, and Enfys. Young Han can have a place in longer battles, but isn't the best choice. I typically finish in the top 200 of a 3+ y/o shard, surrounded by DRs, Padmes, JKRs, and a few GAS, Shaak-Ti clone, and GG teams...

... but that's an anomaly. I don't see any other scoundrel teams now, and I didn't even when I was hovering around 600 pre-relics. It's somewhat rare for me to even see a CLS team.

Yeah, I "cheated" by including Han and Chewie, but they're technically scoundrels. ?
  • These days, you typically only use Qi'ra and company in the Smuggler's Run event with Raid Han + Chewie or on defense in GAC with Zaalbar and Mission. In both cases, it makes more sense to fill up the team with Vewie, L3, and/or Nest.
  • Hes definitely worth working on. Those who claim he isn’t haven’t used him much.
    Properly modded and on the right team he’s great. The zeta will help damage lost from having to use upper hand.
    Lots of people underestimate scoundrels. Or dont get there mechanics. So it can be useful for a defence in grand arena.
    Misson and zaalbar dont add as much as a full prepared squad does. Qira, young han, vandor, l3 are a good core group. You can use a second tank or nest for a good set up