Forum Discussion

9 years ago

JC Replacement?

Hey everyone, with the looming cap change, I'm starting to think ahead for my main team and am leaning towards retiring JC.

I just reached 60 a couple days ago and have been filling out the last few pieces of purple gear on my main five (Sid, Lumi, JC, Boba, Dooku). Knowing the cap is about to jump to lvl 70, I've been looking at my players in that light, and the main thing that jumps out to me is that JC will not be able to add a single piece of gear as a result. Since gear is the biggest factor in player grow, I feel that it's inevitable that he will be underpowered after the cap increase.

All this begs the question of who I should replace him with. I need another healer, so my first thought was Daka. However, I'd really like to not use her since my Cantina Shipments are going into Boba (currently 5-star). Barriss is another thought, but I don't have her already, and she's very tough to farm. Outside of those two (and Lumi who I already have) I'm not too familiar with great healers, so I would love to hear any suggestions on characters to replace JC after the patch.

PS My Cantina battles are shifting from JC to Kylo (likely to replace Dooku) now that I'm not focusing on JC, so that's one fewer avenue for shard farming a new character.

Thanks in advance!
  • You might not need a 2nd healer depending no your team, but JC still fills the role of healer pretty well even if you can't add more gear. I have heard that Talia becomes a very good healer/dmg once she is 7* and geared up.
  • you know talia's healing would be the same at level 10, 3 star as long as her healing is level 5 because her healing does a percentage of your other characters health not her's
  • I don't care what others say I love JC and getting him to 6* now.
    Next I will be getting Finn who I already have at 4* to 6*. I love Finn also and take him any day over Kylo
  • "Benr3600;35597" wrote:
    If you must replace JC, go with Phasma. I cant say enough good things about her.

Yeah this is probably what I'll end up doing if it's not necessary to have another healer.
  • JC has 3k heal every 3 turns. Combining it with Luminara you basically have a heal every time in GW. Really useful.
  • "Rogerfan;35608" wrote:
    JC has 3k heal every 3 turns. Combining it with Luminara you basically have a heal every time in GW. Really useful.

Yeah agreed and I'll probably continue to use him there, but I'm thinking more PvP and potentially new game modes in my post (which I should have clarified)
  • "Rogerfan;35590" wrote:
    I don't care what others say I love JC and getting him to 6* now.
    Next I will be getting Finn who I already have at 4* to 6*. I love Finn also and take him any day over Kylo

Same, I love Finn.