Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Jedi Squad for Unlocking Yoda?

So the Grandmaster's Training event starts soon and I want to try and at least unlock 5* Yoda. I don't yet have all 5* Jedi toons. Here's who I currently have
-7* Lumi
-4* Old Ben (14 shards away from 5*)
-4* Qui Gon (17 shards away from 5*)
-4* Jedi Consular (64 shards away from 5*)
-4* Aayla Secura (58 shards away from 5*)
-4* Mace Windu (54 shards away from 5*)

So I'm pretty sure I'll have Luminara, Old Ben, and Qui Gon all at 5* pretty soon. My only question is which other 2 should I farm, in terms of who will be the quickest to promoting to 5*? Right now my plan is: Cantina energy on old Ben, use credits to get Qui Gon up, then cantina for Aayla, then Consular. Should I farm Mace instead of someone else? And do you think it's possible for me to have an all 5* squad in time for the event?
  • Pretty much any 5 can get it done if you have decent mods.

I did it with:

QGJ
    Lumi
    Anakin
    Mace
    Ashoka

Mace was just a stand in as I only have him at 7* for his ship. He is at like Gear 7 or something.

Anakin is more of an end game farm since you really need the Cantina node 7F.

Just for efficiency, I would recommend farming Mace like you mentioned.

Old Ben is a great all around utility toon. Good leader ability, fantastic ability block and offense down. Not necessary for the event or even in a Jedi squad but good to have nonetheless.

Asoka's ship is really good so she might be someone to consider farming instead of Aayla. Aayla's good but not necessary to have.

Jedi Consular is useful for his ship. That is ALL he is good for in my opinion. Crummy healer who doesn't even cut the mustard in GW as far as I'm concerned.

Ima-Gun Di is also good especially if you do end up farming Aayla. His lead ability makes her counter 100%. Kind of a pain to farm though (guild shipments).

Also, the Yoda event comes around once a month so DO NOT spend money to get your toons up to snuff unless you really really want to.

I've been playing since May and didn't get Yoda to 7* until December.

Whoever you farm, try to make sure they will have some use outside of simply unlocking Yoda. Eeth Koth is probably my biggest regret in Jedi farming, lol.
  • "evanbio;830806" wrote:
    Like mentioned, Yoda event can be done with pretty much any Jedi. The question is, will you use them elsewhere. I think I did it with Lumi, QGJ, Aayla, Ahsoka, and Barriss. I use Ahsoka a lot more than I thought I would. I've got JKA now, but didn't then.

FWIW, I don't use Yoda much now that I have him....

Why don't you use Yoda anymore? Isn't he the best jedi character

• "Yung_Hen;831167" wrote:
    "evanbio;830806" wrote:
    Like mentioned, Yoda event can be done with pretty much any Jedi. The question is, will you use them elsewhere. I think I did it with Lumi, QGJ, Aayla, Ahsoka, and Barriss. I use Ahsoka a lot more than I thought I would. I've got JKA now, but didn't then.

FWIW, I don't use Yoda much now that I have him....

Why don't you use Yoda anymore? Isn't he the best jedi character

Only in the movies. But in the game, it's General Kenobi.
  • Did the final tier with Lumi lvl 80 G8, Ahsoka lvl 79 G8, JC lvl 74 G8, IMGD lvl 68 G8, and Eoth Koth lvl 1 (Lol)
  • On your list Aayla and Mace (also later for the ships). Use Old Ben (L), Lumi, QGJ, Aayla and Mace and it will be fine. Yoda is fun to use in some context, I regularly use it also in the rancor raid when the Rancor is above 50% Health for the Foresight.

Otherwise, the most useful are IGD and JKA in the game.
  • ima lead with barriss, lumi, consular, qgj. with ima leading his team ability to have jedi's counter is a must. yoda has such a quick turn meter the counters really help to chip away at him. and with 3 healers to back them up you will have him defeated in no time. the hardest yoda to beat is the 5star by far. the last 2 are easy. cheers
  • I did this a long time ago with jc, ahsoka, luminara, eeth, and mace. It was a pain to 7* yoda but I made it on the second running of the event. And this was long before mods were a thought. I think lvl 70 was the Cao back then?
  • I used IGD as Lead for the Yoda event with QGJ, Ahsoka, Lumi and Kit. IGD hits hard with his special and counter makes Yoda's special weak.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago