Forum Discussion

8 years ago

JKA overrated?

I've heard a lot of people talk about Ani being a great toon. Not that I've got him 7* gearX I feel like I just wasted all that time farming and gearing when I should have been going after someone else. He's just terrible. He doesn't hit very hard with his AoE or basic, even with his unique triggered. His high health/protection is a joke as he seems to die quicker then anyone. He's basically a liability if I have him on the team. Am I missing something here?
  • Well anyone gear XI is better then at gear X lol. I just threw in a 5* gear 8 Wedge in my team and he truly makes me feel like I wasted time with JKA. A character at that point should not outshine and hit harder then someone 7* gear X. Now I see why everyone loves Wiggs..
  • Ani got reworked, when Dodge lead was meta ... his leader ability adding attack power + advantage after a miss was a nice counter to this + his gear advantage made him shine. Now, since Dooku got lost in arena, Old Ben became rare and every char can get gear XI, his only real point left is his unique which gives him extra turns. You need good mods to make him shine now.
  • JKAs a beast. First in my shard every day. My main competition just switched to JKA to compete with me.
    - you gotta run Crit damage on him with either the mod set or a triangle
    - Hell hit plenty hard then, but that's not the reason he's a beast. He's a beast because he basically runs a soft taunt due to his unique. Kill somebody else first and he's gonna make you pay.

And he's a pretty rough guy to kill first. Mine has 50k between health and protection. By the time hes taken care of my other toons have done a lot of damage.
  • He needs to be max. G10 ani is trash compared to g11. He needs to be modded extremely well with loads of crit chance and 216% crit dmg. He also needs to be pretty tanky to shine. Mine has 55k hp and works wonders. Without those he will not shine and you will be disappointed.
  • Ya GXI does go a long way. I'm running like 181 Crit damage though and it's working.

JKA won't help you compete in elite arena just because he hits hard. It's that unique. It's WHEN he hits hard. Every time your opponent tries to take out about her one of your other toons