Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Jyn rancor solo team doable without zader?

As my title says, I have a Vader but don't want to Zeta him. What are my options?
  • Yes, it's quite easy to solo the Pit consistently with Jyn and Zader. Zader, TFP, Shore, Jyn and FOO is virtually RNG-proof with some half-decent mods. That team can clear the raid on auto, though it typically requires some manual play in P4.
  • Sorry, I misread your title as asking about Jyn WITH Zader.

There are many teams that work without Zader as well, but they're slower and/or less reliable. Here are a few:

• Teebo, R2 (stealth for Teebo) + any of Jyn, Rex, FOO, QGJ
    • Teebo, TFP/Dengar (tenacity down) + any of Jyn, Rex, FOO, QGJ
    • Teebo, TFP/Dengar, R2, Jyn, FOO
    • Wedge, Chaze, Jyn, Bistan
    • Wiggs, Baze, Jyn, Bistan

Those are but a few options. I know there are many more.

In general, some of the most powerful and versatile TM removers are Jyn (~100% TM removal every 2nd turn), FOO (50% TM removal every 2nd turn + 15% TM buff to team; 100% TM & Advantage to ally); and Rex (TM removal on basic; team TM boost; tenacity up).
  • Don't forget tarkin now. 50% tmr as well and can pin the potency until you want to devastate the rancor lol
  • Thank you all for your comments, all very welcome. I need to omega my jyn I think first and then I'll try..

Jyn + teebo (which is best as lead?), TFP, FOO, then Rex/qcj/wedge/zFOTP or any big hitter in guessing.

https://swgoh.gg/u/stevesaint/ Ive got lots of options so I'll have fun testing them out :)
  • "Ace97302;c-1116355" wrote:
    Yes, it's quite easy to solo the Pit consistently with Jyn and Zader. Zader, TFP, Shore, Jyn and FOO is virtually RNG-proof with some half-decent mods. That team can clear the raid on auto, though it typically requires some manual play in P4.

I have never even heard of that team before. Is there a video available somewhere?
  • Teebo lead, ability gives all allies 50% chance to gain 25% TM at the end of each turn
    Rex removes TM with basic
    QGJ removes TM with basic and can gain TM
    If you have a character that can apply speed down, RG, Phasma, 5's, Dengar, Vader
    a team that may work is
    Teebo, Jyn, Rex, QGJ, RG
    RG mod for potency and protection or health, you can try a very slow character to stop from giving turn meter, add enough speed to go faster than guards (135), potency to apply speed down on basic

rancor strategy to remove turn meter but also slow the rancor down
    phase 4 is hard as the rancor gains speed

TFP can be used for high damage and tenacity down when u try to apply speed down
    FOO can be used for high damage and TM removal, TM gain
    Wedge can be used for defense down and high damage

"Stevesaint74;c-1116868" wrote:
    Thank you all for your comments, all very welcome. I need to omega my jyn I think first and then I'll try..

Jyn + teebo (which is best as lead?), TFP, FOO, then Rex/qcj/wedge/zFOTP or any big hitter in guessing.

https://swgoh.gg/u/stevesaint/ Ive got lots of options so I'll have fun testing them out :)

• There are a lot of options to solo Rancor without Zader. Most of them should start with Teebo and R2. Since the stealth fix Teebo stealths for 3 straight turns, with a 5 turn cooldown and R2 can stealth him for the other 2 turns. Permanent stealh Teebo and he doesn't need to be leader. Jyn was only G9 in this run. You really just need speed on Jyn, get her up to 260+ and you can solo every time. Get her to 290+ and you can autobattle.