Forum Discussion

7 years ago

KRU hybrid team

I'm currently running KRU lead, Kylo, Nihilus, CLS, and GK.

I'm also finally getting around to farming Barriss and about halfway to activating Wampa. I'd like to find homes for one or both of these toons. I think the Zarriss healing along with the healing from KRU's leadership could be crazy, if she's well protected... and Wampa just looks insane.

I'm also wondering if FOST under KRU lead would be better than GK due to some protection regen. I have him zetad but not fully geared or starred. FOTP can hit like crazy under he KRU lead. I'd like to find room for him too. I would say the same about FOE, but i fought a g12 one today and had no problem with him.

Any suggestions about which of the above toons to focus on primarily, and which of my current toons to replace?
  • "Ikenstein86;c-1424777" wrote:
    "Bnorth86;c-1424125" wrote:
    "Ikenstein86;c-1423931" wrote:

I just saw a video of Kru, Kylo, FOO, FOST, and FOE destroy a really good looking JTR team. Definitely intrigued by that. I really thought FOE would replace FOO in an all first order squad, but they worked really well together

Where’s the video at? I’d love to see it!!!

https://youtu.be/M6qkFCTw-C0

Wow, that executioner packs a punch.
  • I too have wondered of the possibilities with him, especially with zarris and Nihilus. I was considering KRU, KR, Zarris, Thrawn, and Nihilus. Though for a very effective KRU team, more FO may be needed.
    I believe adding FOST could be good. Between him and KRU, Nihilus and Zarris would definitely have good protection. Only thing about that team is that it really wouldn't offer much AOE.

Wampa looks great, I think he may even bring back the Zader lead since his basic stuns those with DOT.
  • Thanks for the feedback. That is definitely one of the comps I thought about. I think it might do well on offense, but I imagine both JTR and CLS/Thrawn could pick it apart on defense.

I agree about Wampa under Zader lead. I'd love to see Vader be useful again. What other toons do you think would round that team out?

I just saw a video of Kru, Kylo, FOO, FOST, and FOE destroy a really good looking JTR team. Definitely intrigued by that. I really thought FOE would replace FOO in an all first order squad, but they worked really well together
  • "Ikenstein86;c-1423931" wrote:

• I'm currently running KRU in arena, and have tried a few mash-up teams. It's been my experience that a full FO team under KRU is vastly superior to hybrids. On offense, FOO is the key to the puzzle for me. With his marching orders, you can call either of the pilots if you need some heavy damage to kill somebody off, or call KRU with his dispel/stun if you need to control the other team. I know most people think Phazma gets left off, but I've had about equal success subbing Phazma for Zylo, as the AoE speed down and ridiculous TM gain (50% plus 20% after critical hit) really speed up the team. I've also preferred FOTP to sfFOTP, the double-tap on basic leads to more TM gain and total turns compared to sfFOTP's TM gain from his special.
  • "Bnorth86;c-1424125" wrote:

• Yeah, it looks like this FO comp will be the way to go. I try not to spend much on this game. I just splurged of KRU, so I think I'll have to wait for FOE to be farmable. I can't wait for that though. Hopefully he's equally viable in a couple/few months
  • "Ikenstein86;c-1424777" wrote:
    "Bnorth86;c-1424125" wrote:

How did you mod your FOE? Crit Damage seems obvious, but I also feel like putting as much health as possible on him might be the way to go
  • "Ikenstein86;c-1424879" wrote:
    Yeah, it looks like this FO comp will be the way to go. I try not to spend much on this game. I just splurged of KRU, so I think I'll have to wait for FOE to be farmable. I can't wait for that though. Hopefully he's equally viable in a couple/few months

I bet you facepalmed yourself last night hope you didn't invest TONS of $$$
  • I didn't facepalm for making a bad decision. I was angry that they made shards that easy to get, which hasn't been the case for any other marquee character that I can think of.

He seemed to be following the cadence, so I knew he'd be farmable about now, but I was pretty mad they threw him in cantina 3. I must admit, i sort of saw it coming though, as all of the higher cantina and hard nodes are full, but it seemed like a bit of a slap in the face to make it that easy after setting a long precedence of these types of characters being very long f2p grinds to get. I only spent money based on that precedence.

Still got a toon i like a lot, and a bit early. It didn't break the bank on it, got most of the shards saving free crystals, but the one time I spend money for a toon (since Nihilus) it gets turned into almost a complete waste? Lesson learned. I won't be shelling out anything again.

Except for Revan. Make Revan so I can give you my money CG. Please.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,716 PostsLatest Activity: 22 hours ago