Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Looking to Improve Arena Empire/Sith Team

Recently hit level 85 and I am looking for some advice on how to improve my arena team. It is a relatively new shard (Dec 17 or Jan 18) and I usually sit in the 50-100 rank in arena. I currently run Palp, Vader, TFP, Thrawn and Tarkin. Depending on my opponent, i may swap the lead to Thrawn.

I am trying to decide on where to go from here and what characters should I replace and with who. I have a few possibilities which I listed below, of these, should i gear and add to team now, farm, or ignore for arena? I am of course open to any other recommendations that I may have not thought of.

So... who do i use in my arena team:

- Darth Sion - I have him at 3* G6 - Viable at 3* if i gear him up?
- Darth Maul - Have at 6* G6
- Darth Nihilus - almost have him unlocked
- Stormtrooper - have at 7* G9
- Snowtrooper - have at 7* G7

Thanks in advance!
https://swgoh.gg/u/javibog/collection/
  • Thanks for the input. I now have 4* Sion at G10 and a 4* Nihilus at G8.

So far I have been focusing on doing the hard modes to get DS and DN shards, and using the rest of the energy to gear them up. I don’t know that it’s the best approach as I’m spending 200 energy that could be spent on farming gear.

Any advice on this? Should I continue with this approach, focus on gear now shards later, or pick one to farm shards for and spend the rest of my energy in gear?
  • My Nihilus needs only one thing at 3*, speed.

Even at G8 he's rocking 16K health and protection with screwy mods. Armour is very lacking though. So you'll need a tank, like Sion, to keep the AI off him as it nearly always goes after Nihilus first.

With regards to farming I alternate between gear and shards on a weekly basis. Having only recently acquired Thrawn I obviously find myself in need of many Carbanti so that's where energy goes for a while. Gear is more benefit than stars to start with.

I love Tarkin, he's a great pitcher for Vader to knock people out the park. Thrawn can tie up troublemakers and cleanse. TFP however, I'm not finding very useful. Sure he hits hard but so does everybody else. I'll have to bench him soon and keep him piloting instead.
  • You could switch tfp and Tarkin for Sion and Nihilus.

Your team is worth keeping because of mod challenges and such so don't drop it entirely.
  • Go with Sion, he’s also farmable at ships 4D and light side 9A so if you’ve completed those nodes you could star him up a bit fairly quickly