Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Luminara's "attacker" class

Would any one care to guess or explain why Luminara is considered an "attacker" instead of "support/healer"? Not that it matters too much but it does affect in which challenge she can be used.
  • The developers chose to put her in that category. U can't choose where u want her to be. Her damage is much better than the usual 'healers'. Healers such as Barriss Offee hit like wet noodles.
  • Classes are useless. Boba is a low hp tsnk with no taunt. Nightsister Acolyte is a healer and can't heal. It doesnt matter
  • If you have a stun, buff, debuff, you typically are classified as a support

If you are a healer, even a self healer, you have a chance of being classified as a healer

But I think the true measure is supposed to be if intelligence is their highest attribute

If you have a lot of health or a taunt you usually get classed as a tank

But I think the true measure up is if strength is highest

And for attackers it is agility

At least that is what it is supposed to be (I might have switched the abilities around, but that is how it was explained
  • "Bill_Beta;127419" wrote:
    "Triqui;98464" wrote:
    Classes are useless. Boba is a low hp tsnk with no taunt. Nightsister Acolyte is a healer and can't heal. It doesnt matter

Classes are useful and does matter, but barely. Because:
    1) Some attacks state they have a different effect besides damage on a particular CLASS (droid, jedi, etc.)
    2) Leader skills also affect specific CLASSES, such as "All receives a % bonus to evasion."
    3) Some of the challenges are open only to certain class types so you cannot bring Fett to a challenge that requires only Healing and Support for instance. Not to mention Yoda's event.

To sum up, they are not useless, they just lack sense.

About Luminara, considering she's just an improved Consular I agree she's missing the "Healing" description, but who knows, maybe in future updates devs may add it.

Jedi is a faction. By clases, I mean "attack, Support, tank, healer". They are used to restrict teams for challenges, a d that's it. They don't mean anything else. Why is Boba a tank (AOE debuff, leader, resurrects) but HK47 (same skills, but more HP) is not? Why Luminara is an attacker and Nightsister Acolyte is a Healer?
    They are meaningless.
  • "Tromedlov13;127740" wrote:

If you have a lot of health or a taunt you usually get classed as a tank

But I think the true measure up is if strength is highest

And for attackers it is agility

Stormtrooper Han is an Agility based Tank, for example.

It is just random and meaningless.