Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Mod Slicing

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but i wanted to get peoples opinions on which mods they slice.

Lets say i have a 5dot E mod that has a secondary of 5 speed, i will obviously slice this to a D mod, at what point would you stop slicing if you didnt get any rolls on the speed secondary? Would you bother slicing if it was a 3 speed secondary?

I know its pretty random and could go from 5 to 15 slicing from C to A but do people generally have a stopping point where they decide its trash?
  • I will continue slicing if it is still possible for it to outspeed any of the other mods I am currently using. A mod is not trash until it is absolutely impossible to be better than what I already have.
  • The stopping point will be determined on what you have mod wise starting to accumulate in your unequipped mod section. For myself, I'll stop if it isn't at least a blue mod at 9 or higher because most of my toons all have 10+ speeds on them already. It also depends on what you are looking for as well.
  • Myself, if the mod being sliced does not have a starting speed of 5 I don’t slice it. You gotta be real lucky to get speed to roll more than once so you wanna start with the highest amount of speed you can get. If you slice a mod with a starting speed of 3 your more than likely going to get it up to 6 or it stays at 3. I also try and stay away from mods with garbage secondaries like defense or potentcy because RNG loves to roll the garbage.
  • "Johnnyreb1977;c-2163010" wrote:
    RNG loves to roll the garbage.

Does it though?
  • "EventineElessedil;c-2163042" wrote:
    I will continue slicing if it is still possible for it to outspeed any of the other mods I am currently using. A mod is not trash until it is absolutely impossible to be better than what I already have.

I would take this approach but trying to slice every mod is a pain and takes a lot of farming
  • No idea if I'm doing it right, but generally greens only get sliced at 5+speed unless they're a cross/arrow/triangle with the appropriate primary for the set. Blues need to be at 10+. Purple and gold are at discretion depending on the other secondaries.
  • As it takes me a while to farm for slicing to a 6 dot mod, I'm leaning towards going for the ones where the primary gets the biggest boost, like health and offense over say protection that gets 0.5%

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,716 PostsLatest Activity: 16 hours ago