Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Need a little rebel advice

I'm currently working towards a solid rebel team and could use some advice. I'm looking to run a Jyn lead with Cassian and K2SO but unsure who to use for the other two spots.

I've got Jyn 6* gear 8, K2 7* gear 9 and Cassian 7* gear 10 and was thinking leia and bistan for the other two but I don't have them strong enough to know if they're a good fit

Ideally I'd use chaze but I don't have them so I'm looking for alternatives, any advice is welcome thanks!
  • Sabine, Farmer Luke, Wedge, Kanan, Zeb, and R2 all inflict negs and work well under Jyn's leadership.

• Sabine and Zeb stagger if you favor playing with a controller team. Zeb can grant protection and daze which pairs well with K-2SO; he can also stun anyone who is dazed, staggered, or exposed which pairs well with everyone on your squad. Sabine's basic is almost always a multistrike with K-ssian around; her area attack can stagger and expose while hitting other exposed and staggered enemies while on this team.
    • Wedge and Kanan both debuff with their basics and respectively provide more offence and defense. Wedge's area attack works very well after Cassian's Shock Grenade when Jyn is lead, providing a very powerful start. Kanan can recover K's protection with a buff to ensure a continuous taunt (if K's Enforcer ability is maxed); he also taunts and counters just like K-2SO ensuring the enemy always has offence down; finally, he provides a cleanse keeping your tanks from being ability or buff blocked so they can keep their taunt up.
    • Luke and R2 both deal negs that do damage over time, something lacking in Cassian's grenade. Luke opens with a stun just like Jyn and can spread debuffs with his basic. R2 can also stun and spread burn so your attackers are always hitting an exposed enemy; plus Combat Analysis ensures Jyn and Luke are criting to land those stuns and Smoke Screen ensures Jyn can resurrect fallen party members with decent health.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for the help @Push2Stops ! I wasn't able to get R2 the first time but I'll be sure to look to add him next time this was very helpful thanks again!

Do you have any advice for mods? Based on your advice I'd be running Jyn (L), k2, cassian, Sabine, and Zeb
  • "DjangoFettt;c-1178301" wrote:
    Thanks for the help @Push2Stops ! I wasn't able to get R2 the first time but I'll be sure to look to add him next time this was very helpful thanks again!

Do you have any advice for mods? Based on your advice I'd be running Jyn (L), k2, cassian, Sabine, and Zeb

First I just gotta say, I think mods should be always adapting; as opponents on the leaderboard change so should the player's mods. What follows is more of what to think about than a guide.
    Lavender One is all about debuffing the enemy and taking them out quickly. Jyn's leader grants +35% Potency so they may not need a lot of Potency like they do under Hera; if your opponents have their Tenacity modded up then Potency will be needed. Getting those detrimental effects to stick should be a player's number one concern with this team.

• Zeb is tank with the kit of a support unit and has very mediocre stats, he doesn't taunt and he's the slowest member of your team, and the buff he provides isn't affected by his own stats. He'll likely be your last man standing but you've already lost if you get to that point. That said, don't mod him like a tank but instead like a utility-attacker or offensive-support; you want to him to go as often as possible and you want to make every turn count so consider Offence, Speed, Potency, or Tenacity sets. Obviously speed secondaries are most important and since he's in no need of extra protection or crit-help you can put some of those mods with great secondaries but undesirable primaries in his triangle and circle slots.
    • Sabine can be similarly modded as she is a utility-attacker and lacks base damage though she'll need protection and crit-help in her circle and triangle slots, respectively. Her unique does help her low offence numbers so you can also go with crit chance and crit damage sets, just make sure to give her a triangle with crit damage as the primary.

Lastly I want to address turn order in relation to mods and defensive AI. Naturally the turn order is Jyn, Sabine, Cassian, K, Zeb. (Naturally meaning, before mods and at similar gear levels.) When Jyn is under AI control she will use her area attack first and give 100% turn meter to the unit with the least. Depending on who is picked, Cassian throws his grenade, Sabine does her saber strike, K will charge, and Zeb will sweep. This open can really change the way your team works so if possible you want to get Sabine faster than Jyn. In addition to that, try to get Zeb faster than K though that's much less important. If you can't get Sabine faster than Jyn then make sure Zeb is the slowest so that you can still get an early stagger in.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago