Forum Discussion

8 years ago

New Account - Pao Rebels (No, seriously).

Returning player, giving the game another shot since seeing the character cadence in action along with the %100 mod drop rate. Been keeping up with the meta and stuff by watching YouTubers and checking out the forums.

Since there are so many rebels in the game that are awesome (Chaze, Wiggs, etc.), I thought it would be funny to make a rebel team with all of the weird/weaker characters just to see if I could actually compete, starting with a new account.

With that being said, I give you my new experiment/pet project... PAO REBELS.

Other team names:
1) Unlimited PAO-er!
2) PAO! Right in the kisser!
3) I am one with the PAO, and the PAO is with me.

The whole idea is to generate multiple basic attacks to lower PAO's CD with his unique ability. Yes, I know that his abilities suck. Yes, there are much more viable options. Do I care? NO! Why? Cause, PAO.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/pao-main_1588acf7.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768

I mean look at the guy, isn't he adorable?

Team Comp:
Admiral Ackbar (L)
Bistan
PAO
+2 other rebels.

1) Ackbar: Lead speeds up team / generates extra basic attacks with to activate PAO unique.
2) Bistan: Frenzy = multiple attacks.

Plus... I can't separate PAO from his buddy.

http://img.cinemablend.com/quill/1/f/0/4/b/2/1f04b23cbebdbfb9bd4c26558647a20ef4c9247a.jpg

He could seriously be a runway model if he wasn't too busy fighting the empire.

3) PAO!

Here's where you guys come in. I've got a few options at this point, looking for some feedback, or if I've overlooked anybody.

Farmboy Luke: +Meme value. Could be useful for future flash events.
Leia: Basic attacks for 2-3 times, powerful on an assist team. REduces CD for PAO faster.
STH: Taunt and TM. But I think he's too mainstream for a meme team like this one.
Cassian / K2: Assist calls and counters mean more basic attacks. Also, provides debuffs so PAO can triple attack easier.
Bhodi: Spotter on PAO will give him a triple attack. Unique synergizes with offense up from PAO. Two non-combat abilities to trigger Ackbar lead.
Jyn: Strong character, can fall back on her in case my (nearly) foolproof plan fails me.
Scariff: Taunter, easily farmed from Cantina. (can get my team up faster)

I'm leaning towards Scariff + Bhodi, but I could also see myself trying out K2/Cassian. Leia also seems strong, and Jyn is just a powerful character that fits in well with a buff/debuff rebel team. Not sure how effective she'll be without her traditional supporting cast though.

Wish me luck, and post your thoughts below!

EDITS:

lisztophobia - Hoth Rebel Scout. Basic attack give everybody turn meter. Def, worth a consideration.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago