Forum Discussion

8 years ago

New darkside toon to break meta?

Good try with Thrawn, but are we gonna have some DS balance soon?
  • "Boreas;c-1162973" wrote:
    There are really great DS characters, imo the best characters and abilities are one ones DS characters have. The problem is speed and synergy. LS toons, also some insignificant characters are too much effecive. Such as Biggs and Res. Trooper. Chaze was already game breaking and I don't know whose idea was that, but doping them with R2 is even a worse idea than Chaze itself. R2 also also created an unbelievable and unfair team synergy for Res. We know that devs do not care about balance at all. If they did, the situation would never be like this. But the players, very rightfully, are asking this balance, and they should not ignore them. Synergies should be added to DS characters, EP and Vader should have, as master and apprentice, also Sidious and Dooku for the same reason. I'm sure there are numerous DS characters that should have synergies. If Wiggs, Chaze, Pofinn have, along with R2 giving all of them everything, why not other characters who have a strong bond should not have? I wish R2 only had synergy with Anakin, which is the logical one, but I guess it's not possible now. So, the fact is, the players want the balance in the force (maybe some who are happy to exploit gamebreaking OP synergies do not want, as they want to continue dominating every aspect of the game very easily). Devs first should solve the synergy issue, and then add a few really effective DS characters. We have seen a Sith pass and an Empire pass, but still no zetas for EP? No synergy between Emperor and Vader, or with his Royal Guard who is his personal bodyguard. Why?

You touch on the problem that causes the perception - the updates / releases were made to Empire toons that so few had built previously since they were so bad - Tarkin, Veers, Troopers, etc would fit in this category. Then you have accessibility issue: Shore, Veers, and DK are hard to obtain ... and DT on the level 8 map Cantina is hard for some to obtain as well. Thrawn was obtainable, but in a brief event with newer PX characters and I'm sure some players missed him due to various reasons - and even if they have him, you kinda need the other pieces mentioned above to really make it work...and he's a hard gear! If the updates had at least touched the more commonly built Empire units AT ALL the perception would be much different, but EP / RG / TFP / DV were given no change or no meaningful change (DV got update to basic and EP got update so bonus damage removes TM under DV).

It's too bad because these Empire units are really fun to play with, I've been swapping out different combos vs. different opponents since Thrawn was released. Currently running a Thrawn lead with DN / DT / zVeers / Shore. I like Thrawn / DT / DN / Shore as the core and have lately rotated between EP , TFP, zVeers, DK, and Tarkin in that 5th spot. For attacking, my preference is EP, then zVeers, maybe TFP next, Tarkin and DK last. The 4k extra protection + protection regen from zThrawn lead + EP heal...he has zero survivability issues.
  • I find it even as well, at least based on my shard. There's been a noticeable shift towards DS toons and Thrawn has helped get empire toons into the top as well. In the top 10 it really is a nice mix of empire, rebel, rex mixed squads and sith

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.

22,724 PostsLatest Activity: 7 years ago