Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Nightsisters Viable Now?

How is nightsister synergy looking these days?

Ventress got a buff. Initiate has massive protection. How's Daka holding up?
  • If you could down Dooku leader + RG + Fives with night sisters that would be amazing 5 vs 3. Now 5 vs 5, with a couple of hard hitters in the meta, I don't think the sisters will stand more chance than Jedis or droids.
  • I've had a NS team since I started playing in January. Pre-update my Ventress (L), Daka, Initiate, Phasma, Sid team could hang around Top 100. All level 73, 7*, gear 8. Also have a 70, 6* Talia that subs in sometimes. But now, Daka is surprisingly squishy and the AI targets her more from what I can tell. Ventress remains terribly slow, always the last to go which only helps if you could down someone before her turn, which of course, you can't in the new meta. At least Initiate is pretty awesome, though her buff immunity debuff seems to hardly ever proc.

And fact is against Dooku teams, my sisters seem to be lucky if they connect 50% of the time. So when you try to hit with Initiate's big attack and miss, or Daka doesn't land at least one stun, you are pretty much screwed. Just sit there and watch a completely healer-less team of glass cannons wreck your whole squad because you can't hit them. This exact scenario completely derailed my GW run today several fights short of the end when I hit a level 73, completely maxed squad of Dooku, Rebel whathisface, IG-88, IG-86, and GS.

At least in the old meta a squad of glass cannons could put you down quickly. Now it's a slow, enraging death by a thousand Dooku/Fives/Kylo/Phasma counters and bonus attacks.

Sad to say initially I liked the update and felt we'd see more squads. Took 24 hours for folks to find how to exploit it.
  • What if you put RG in one of the two remaining slots? Let him soak for Daka so her squish doesnt get exploited.
  • "MufasaBigD;307192" wrote:
    I use NS for suicide squads in GW. I have them all. Initiate is the best.

+1 my faithful nightsisters doing thine bidding. Always save em for the last node, sometimes they get the job done(rarely) and don't have to die with honor ;)

Also wouldn't Ahsoka's leadership ability be great in this sea of evasion teams? I prefer Ventress so she moves at a speed slightly faster than molasses but turn meters on dodge could be great.
  • Not to mention Ahsoka was one of few to actually get buffed (along with Vent).

Also Ahsoka effects Jedi also, so you could slip your best Jedi in as well.
  • Why not take CD instead of Ahsoka and gain 15% evasion instead of 14%, and Offense Up in 2 turns instead of 20% turn meter. CD will give give way more damage.
  • "BalĂ°ur;c-1461143" wrote:
    Why not take CD instead of Ahsoka and gain 15% evasion instead of 14%, and Offense Up in 2 turns instead of 20% turn meter. CD will give give way more damage.

Dude, you necro'd by like two years. Read better.