Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Optimal clone squad right now

Hey guys! I'm currently running a pretty effective squad in arena ( I'm level 78 ) however as people are turning 80 and new chars are being released I'd love to know your thoughts on what I could change. So here goes. Today:

Rex
Echo
Fives
Rg
Rey

I wanna change to :

Anakin
Rex ( slightly less speed than ani so he uses tenacity ASAP)
Fives
*now 4/5 are where I get stuck.
Echo / rg / arlya / rey / sarge

What do you think? Preferably now arlya as she's prett low level and I'm farming ani!!

Let me know what you think. With the Cody rework maybe this all changes!

• Yes, you definitely need Sarge and Omega all 3 abilities because they're absolutely worth it. If PK is the best you have, then just roll with it I guess. I couldn't even begin to suggest how to Mod Plo, probably speed for sure. Speed to get him going faster for dispels and to refresh his 3rd ability to give the Clones TM. I think his poor damage will be a liability for you still. Do you have QGJ? How about something like this...

- Offense1: JKA, QGJ, Rex, 5's, Sarge?
    - Offense2 or Defense: Rex, QGJ, 5's, Sarge, RG?
    - Offense3: Rex, QGJ, Rey, Sarge, RG. **This might put a lot of pressure on the other squad by including Rey and Sarge, plus QGJ is not bad either.

If I were going to run a straight-up Clone build it would be the 2nd build but probably Echo in-place of QGJ. With some of the

• I rly wish I had echo I feel like I'm missing out as a clone user without him. I have sarge at gear 9 omega'ed and modded with health that gives offense and crit chance up but I feel like he just didn't cut it and I had better options,am I missing something about him. I want to try throwing Ashoka into the mix of a couple of different line ups but she isn't quite rdy yet also need to make sure I have some heavy speed mods to throw on her. I am also torn about who I give my furnace to Sarge to go G10 or Ashoka to try and get her going
  • "TrevorTheWookie;615890" wrote:
    I rly wish I had echo I feel like I'm missing out as a clone user without him. I have sarge at gear 9 omega'ed and modded with health that gives offense and crit chance up but I feel like he just didn't cut it and I had better options,am I missing something about him. I want to try throwing Ashoka into the mix of a couple of different line ups but she isn't quite rdy yet also need to make sure I have some heavy speed mods to throw on her. I am also torn about who I give my furnace to Sarge to go G10 or Ashoka to try and get her going

If you want to run Clones Sarge is pretty much a must have in my opinion. His basic hits for 13.5K on Crit and then his basic has a good chance of re-gaining 50% TM. Add a Potency mod to his Plus mod space and his AOE becomes very damaging by dropping 50% TM and decent damage. I'm not sure where Ahsoka falls in to be honest. Maybe she's good for GW because he has a self-heal and small group heal but I can't think of where else she would be good for you.

Echo is a tough one. For GW I use him no question but for Arena I've really been leaning on SunFac for dispel duty. Echo's AI is just not very good and his damage is so-so, too big of a penalty for his assist I think.
  • Good to know I will most likely give it to Sarge then. put Ashoka next in line. I just feel like she could be perfect with Anakin because of how much her health fluctuates plus she hits pretty hard. I'm thinking with the right mods she can make Anakins Rightoues fury Proc quite a bit making him even more deadly
  • "TrevorTheWookie;615911" wrote:
    Good to know I will most likely give it to Sarge then. put Ashoka next in line. I just feel like she could be perfect with Anakin because of how much her health fluctuates plus she hits pretty hard. I'm thinking with the right mods she can make Anakins Rightoues fury Proc quite a bit making him even more deadly

It's possible. I think JKA will get killed long before Ahsoka does to be honest and that little value disappears quickly.
  • I run all clones b/c I like them, and I pay for enjoyment. After the echo nerf, I paid a fortune to mod them to stay viable, but now the shard is catching up on their mods, and I have a more difficult time holding a high position. I also immediately hit back anyone who attacks me, so that they will be more likely to choose another target in the future--costs some refreshes at first, but less so as people learn. Hope that the update to Cody comes soon, b/c after all I've spent to run my faves, it would be sad to have to drop to something else. If I did, however, it would be:

Rex
    Aayla
    Sun Fac
    Fives
    Anakin

with Anakin modded to around 220 and Rex modded to around 218
  • "Darth_Jay77;615936" wrote:
    "TrevorTheWookie;615911" wrote:
    Good to know I will most likely give it to Sarge then. put Ashoka next in line. I just feel like she could be perfect with Anakin because of how much her health fluctuates plus she hits pretty hard. I'm thinking with the right mods she can make Anakins Rightoues fury Proc quite a bit making him even more deadly

It's possible. I think JKA will get killed long before Ahsoka does to be honest and that little value disappears quickly.

I Don't know. . . if you leave Ashoka untouched she will eat you up. I have her basic crit for 13k and there are 2 ways for her to assist, you don't want to leave her for last. She needs to be 1 shot if not she goes below 50% RG taunts and by the time taunt is down she is full health again and has proced anakins rightoues fury. I feel like if anything it takes the focus off Anakin a little bit. have you played around with her at all? I like the idea of a 501st team so I just want to believe that she can be boss if played right lol but you maybe right @Darth_Jay77. I won't be able to tell until I have her gear 10 and I need mods that can boost her speed a little more

• "TrevorTheWookie;615958" wrote:
    "Darth_Jay77;615936" wrote:
    "TrevorTheWookie;615911" wrote:

I Don't know. . . if you leave Ashoka untouched she will eat you up. I have her basic crit for 13k and there are 2 ways for her to assist, you don't want to leave her for last. She needs to be 1 shot if not she goes below 50% RG taunts and by the time taunt is down she is full health again and has proced anakins rightoues fury. I feel like if anything it takes the focus off Anakin a little bit. have you played around with her at all? I like the idea of a 501st team so I just want to believe that she can be boss if played right lol but you maybe right @Darth_Jay77. I won't be able to tell until I have her gear 10 and I need mods that can boost her speed a little more

I haven't used her since before the Protection update, so it's been a while. One guy on my server runs Teebo lead, JKA, Ahsoka, Rey, ST Han. It's a pretty solid team but I didn't find Ahsoka to be that much trouble. Her special has hit me for 15K before which made me take notice. LOL!. I didn't notice her basic hitting for that much though, I'll have to find him and watch more closely. At the very least she will be awesome for GW in that group.
  • Without JKA lead she only hits for 9-10k crit her special for me right now at G9 is usually 17-19K crit she deff a has solid damage output main problem is her speed. I'd love to run Anakin,Ashoka,Rex,5's,Sarge 501st team or sub in any other clone. But that would never hold lol Maybe RG or StHan for 5's would be better. So many possibilities playing around with Jedi and clones now lol
  • "TrevorTheWookie;616016" wrote:
    Without JKA lead she only hits for 9-10k crit her special for me right now at G9 is usually 17-19K crit she deff a has solid damage output main problem is her speed. I'd love to run Anakin,Ashoka,Rex,5's,Sarge 501st team or sub in any other clone. But that would never hold lol Maybe RG or StHan for 5's would be better. So many possibilities playing around with Jedi and clones now lol

Yeah, unfortunately the reality of top-10 arena and not falling back into the 20's+ is that a taunt is typically needed. If you use JKA, Ahsoka, and RG, then you have two spots left. Clone Sarge is probably one of them, and then you need Echo or QGJ to debuff the taunt or you're seriously screwed. Unless you have SunFac and then you can run him in-place of RG and then run Rex in your last spot.