Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Palpatine or Krennic as empire leader?

both seem to have very good leader abilities. I think with zeta, krennics is a bit better but there are probably better uses for zetas.

Also, im picturing a speeded out phasma under krennic lead. Gives everyone advantage which would in turn put ability block on enemies.

Thoughts?

Edit: If Deathtrooper used his AOE with advantage, both he and Krennic would gain pretty much all their health back.
  • I still think Palpatine is a better choice for Empire squads. The potency buff is better, the Max HP buff is really good for those Wiggs teams and the debuff for Jedi/Rebel characters is ok. But with the "new meta" closing in, those factors may change. I doubt Wiggs or Chaze teams will be gone for good, so you could potentially switch between EP and Krennic. Krennic's ability block will be great against EP or Vader zeta lead teams, if they're fast enough.
  • But that 25% CC does seam appealing since you do need to add a lot of CC to empire toons..... plus deathtrooper and his ability to gain up to 100% CD against rebels...
  • I use the following squad for daily top 5 arena battles: Palp, Vader, TFP, Shore, B2

I really like Krenics leadership so far. Remember that TFP can be faster than most opponents, so you can start with his AoE. If you ever faced a really fast Boba, you knew that AoE Ability Block can be bonkers - and TFP alone will be very fast with his own TM gain (yes it works better under Palp, but TFP has build in TM gain which works well).

Krenic itself has build in Tenacity Down, his Potency is ok (47+25 for his lead) and with TFP you have another character with Tenacity Down so Palps Lead with Potency Bonus (only 7 more than Krenic) isn't the big point.

The question is, what is stronger:

CC+Ability Block
    or
    TM/Health Gain
    (under Palp Lead your Vader, Palp and TFP get a 2nd Turn after AoE Attacks, you really see a difference if you fight against Zader)

With Krenic all your Empire Attacks have Ability Block on Crit which should be awesome if you have AoE. Imagine you fight against all important meta toons (Chaze/Wiggs/Zader/Rex etc.) all of them are near useless if they can't use Abilities for multiple turns (note: effect can't be resisted).

I can imagine something like:

Krenic (Lead)
    TFP (you need his speed, AoE and crits)
    Deathtrooper (for Krenic, but simply another strong Empire DPS unit with AoE)
    Shore (or Baze - but hey, no rebel scum for Empire Team)
    Palp or Vader

Last slot is flexible, both can be strong, both miss some potential if they aren't leader but overall you get another (4th!) Empire Member with AoE. Since Krenic is a little bit faster than Palp you can try a chain of Krenic goes with AoE removes TM(!), Palp goes next and his AoE stun is much better if you cleared TM from all enemies.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 57 minutes ago