Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Paradoxical mechanics of DN

There is a paradoxical mechanics in D. Nihilus' in annihilation skill. His omega upgrade described as " the defeated target cannot be revived" , Yet , it is useless against NS- Teams !!! Either the describtion is wrong , or CGs ignore that purposefully!!

I need an explanatory statement from a CG ( not from an advocate who benefits NS team in arena)
    Krjst0ff
    Seasoned Newcomer
    If a particular skill doesn't work on one single toon, it's useless? Guess almost every single skill in the game is useless then ... Rey's uncleansable healing immunity? There goes practically every single healing ability in the game. Fracture? There goes every single cleanser in the game. Fulcrum? There goes every single debuff in the game...
  • "ErsinBaba111;d-154303" wrote:
    Yet , it is useless against NS- Teams !!! Either the describtion is wrong , or CGs ignore that purposefully!!

Unless you use other characters on your team to remove the Taunt from Zombie and use Annihilate against Daka, MT, or Ventriss and then it works as normal.

• "Krjstoff;c-1428621" wrote:
    If a particular skill doesn't work on one single toon, it's useless? Guess almost every single skill in the game is useless then ... Rey's uncleansable healing immunity? There goes practically every single healing ability in the game. Fracture? There goes every single cleanser in the game. Fulcrum? There goes every single debuff in the game...

If its purpose were deviated in negative way ; yes it would be useless in my vocabulary...
  • "ErsinBaba111;c-1428855" wrote:
    "Krjstoff;c-1428621" wrote:

If its purpose were deviated in negative way ; yes it would be useless in my vocabulary...

You said it is useless against NS teams.. Which is clearly wrong to anyone with a bit of experience, I don't mean to attack you, quite the opposite, I want to reassure you that by giving him that omega you made a wise investment if your purpose is to beat NS.

Thanks to Daka and mother talzin Z every ns can be revived, therefore preventing it with abilities like annihilate is pretty handy, even if you can't do it on zombie.
  • Besides, nihilus in general is a great tool against nightsisters, dispel on basic to get rid of zombie's taunt, ability cool down increase to limit plague spreading, and annihilate to avoid them to come back from grave..

All in all I see no reason for you to be frustrated, perhaps he doesn't allow you to do the specific thing you planned on, but he offers plenty of flexibility to achieve a win anyway. Definitely not "useless" in my vocabulary!
  • i run 5* dn g10 and he dies before he can kill any non zombie ns. prolly mine's too squishy but i think boba is better yet to deal with ns. his cooldown is shorter ignores taunt and foresight (spirit)