Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Perfecting My Squad

I was hoping somebody could please take the time to look at the characters that I currently have unlocked and activated. They are in order based off of their power levels. From what I have here, could you please help me organize the best team possible?

My current team consists of the top 5 characters. Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Consular, Geonosian Soldier, and Luminara Unduli.

Who should I consider matching with who? Who works best with who? Who should I start focusing on to get their power levels up? Please consider all of the characters I have unlocked. Also, any characters that I should focus on unlocking who I don't have yet?

One other thing I don't quite understand are the mods and how they work. For the new squad that I am looking to build, what mods should I consider attaching to which characters?

Thank you for any help! Much appreciated!

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag360/kdw48/SWGOH%20Character%20List_zpsb4pfuzyy.jpg
  • Rebel team for Arena.

Empire team for R2...and eventually Commander Luke.

Phoenix team for Thrawn...and because they're fun.

Resistance for the future.

Don't forget ships too! Oh, and Scoundrels for credit heist.

And with respect - step away from your current top five. You're not going to do much of any use with them.
  • "CoastalJames;c-1325378" wrote:
    Rebel team for Arena.

Empire team for R2...and eventually Commander Luke.

Phoenix team for Thrawn...and because they're fun.

Resistance for the future.

Don't forget ships too! Oh, and Scoundrels for credit heist.

And with respect - step away from your current top five. You're not going to do much of any use with them.

Any tips on how to build a good squad? Thanks!
  • Nice table.

Gear level is much more informative than power, however.

Also, if you create an account on swgoh.gg, you can link to your profile as an easier way for others to see your roster.
  • "crzydroid;c-1330215" wrote:
    Nice table.

Gear level is much more informative than power, however.

Also, if you create an account on swgoh.gg, you can link to your profile as an easier way for others to see your roster.

Wish I had known that earlier! lol
    Anyways, thanks for that advice!

Here is a link to my Characters.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kdw48/collection/
  • Just curious...From the looks of your team you're fairly new. How in the hell do you have General Grievous at 4 stars already? I've been playing for over a year and My GG isn't even unlocked. Haha.
  • "CephkillerNOJ;c-1330523" wrote:
    Just curious...From the looks of your team you're fairly new. How in the hell do you have General Grievous at 4 stars already? I've been playing for over a year and My GG isn't even unlocked. Haha.

Yeah I’ve only been playing since January. It took forever, but any time he showed up in the fleet arena store I would click on him, also I really focused on collecting shards for him in the shard store. He unlocks at 4 stars right off the bat!
  • Genosian Soldier and Luminara but no Lando? Looks like you've followed some outdated guide/advice.

I would recommend getting a squad of 4* scoundrels for credit heist ASAP. You will need the increased rewards for doing the highest tier compared to lower tiers. Credits is an important ressource. Lando and ST Han Boba are particularly usefull for that. Lando due to his skills that come handy in lots of game modes. ST Han because he's also required to get Commander Luke Skywalker. And then they are both rebels.

If you promote more empire toons from 4* to 5* you will be ready to unlock R2D2 next time his event comes around. (Will probably take some time as it was just there).

For the time being, jedi are probably your best bet in the arena. However, you lack attackers. Bariss and QGJ are good in the arena. Ezra and Kanan could make great additions. Ezra for his strong damage and Kanan for tanking. Both are rebels and Phoenix and hence useful in other game modes as well. Until you get then ready for arena, you could maybe use Rey and Boba together with QGJ lead, Mace Windu and Luminars. No, there's not much synergy (yet) but I believe they will do better. JC is more or less cannon fodder, and Barris doesn't shine until you get a zeta on her unique.

You really should move your best mods to you current arena team. Your best speed secondaries are better used on your arena team. In general you could really use some better mods. With increased credits income, you will have enough to buy a good mod now and then from mod shipments.