Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Phoenix squad/ empire new or reworked toons

The first reviews or opinions of players that tried the imperial troopers are of disapointment. Wich would make them on par with the Phoenix reviews. So while contemplating all the work that went into creating this toons, the hopes and hype that players had before their release , and the impending Tarkin rework, I found myself asking some questions and maybe some of you can offer some opinions:
1. What exactly is this toons niche? They are not high end arena viable, but they are also not easy to farm, so new players cannot be their targets. Apparently they arr not even that great in HAAT. Who besides bored empire or the TV show fans that have already acomplished most in the game are supposed to farm/ gear them up?
2. At what point in the game history should this toons have been released/ reworked for them to be meta?
3. What exactly was the strategy behind this releases/ reworks? Like I said a lot of work, resources and passion went into them, but for what? They just needed new content/ events so they just thrown at us a lot of toons hoping that some of them will stick ( like DT, Sabine, Ezra) or they actually tried to make them arena worthy but they failed for some reasons (not enough testing, fears of increasing the power creep etc.)?