Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Phoenix Squad: push to 7* or farm other useful heroes?

Hello guys, it's almost a month playing this game and I want to ask some questions about my farming and progression:

I'm lvl 52 and my phoenix squad is all 5* (Chopper 60/65) and Ezra G7, the rest G6 but almost g7.

1) I'm planning on starting to farm tier 3 health mods and mod them properly since my arena shard is becoming more challenging and I'm struggling a bit, currently rank #97. Should I farm tier 3 mods or just push Ezra/Hera to 7* before modding?

2) As you can see in my profile, I only have Chewwie as scoundrel. Should I stop my Zeb/Kannan/Chopper farm for Bane/STH/Boba or it isn't enough relevant yet? (I have 7m credits right now since I'm only focused in phoenix so I have no problems about training droids or credits for now).

Here is my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/manug/collection/

Suggestions are welcome! :smiley:
  • "ManuG;c-1437738" wrote:
    "Naraic;c-1437728" wrote:
    That's my opinion alright. Bear in mind that 14 five dot mods for less than 300 cantina energy will drain your bank account to near zero credits.

One of the reasons I'm suggesting phoenix first rather than trying to rescue your credit balance is that I suspect that Palpatine will be early February and you would rather have a seven star team to get a seven star Palpatine than wait a couple of months. Also if you stop starring up your team it will be hard to compete in arena as well.

You're totally right, I also heard about EP coming in February so it would be awesome to unlock him at 7*.

By the way, I have 1,5k crystals which should help me a lot. I'm using them mainly to get all the squad to g7 (only Ezra for now) so that is 150 crystals each day plus 1 refresh in cantina but I wouldn't mind to spend another refresh in cantina/mods if neccesary.

The way refreshes are designed is that the cheap refreshes are good value. I do them all. 3 100 cantina energy refreshes and 3 normal energy refreshes.

If your crystal energy supports this I would the same.
  • Thanks so much boys and girls for all the support and wise advise!

I'll keep 100% focus :smile:
  • Oh my god guys sorry for the double post but I just unlocked thrawn 5* with 3 hours left hahaha

Can anyone explain me how exactly does this affect to my progression? Should I replace him for any Phoenix member?

Edit: I'm so happy right now, I'm playing for less than one month and I already have a 'legendary' Hero :smiley:
  • "ManuG;c-1438765" wrote:
    Oh my god guys sorry for the double post but I just unlocked thrawn 5* with 3 hours left hahaha

Can anyone explain me how exactly does this affect to my progression? Should I replace him for any Phoenix member?

Edit: I'm so happy right now, I'm playing for less than one month and I already have a 'legendary' Hero :smiley:

Well it's upto you. First of all if you sub out a phoenix member you still need to farm that character to 7 stars and at least gear 8 to get 7 star thrawn next time. For me I've tried out gear 7 seven star thrawn instead of a gear ix 7 star chopper in my arena team a few times and it went well but that was against specific squads that cause me trouble.

Fortunately or unfortunately I've someone else I need to gear (tier iv credit heists coming soon) so I won't dedicate myself to thrawn for a bit.
  • "Naraic;c-1438790" wrote:
    "ManuG;c-1438765" wrote:
    Oh my god guys sorry for the double post but I just unlocked thrawn 5* with 3 hours left hahaha

Well it's upto you. First of all if you sub out a phoenix member you still need to farm that character to 7 stars and at least gear 8 to get 7 star thrawn next time. For me I've tried out gear 7 seven star thrawn instead of a gear ix 7 star chopper in my arena team a few times and it went well but that was against specific squads that cause me trouble.

Fortunately or unfortunately I've someone else I need to gear (tier iv credit heists coming soon) so I won't dedicate myself to thrawn for a bit.

Well this is for sure a great advance for R2 event! I was just wondering if I could replace a phoenix member for him and if so, which one would be less necessary? Since they share their unique abilities...

Of course I will continue farming my Phoenix to 7* before moving to scoundrels and then DS team.