Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Plo Koon Rework Idea

He's one of my favorite Jedi, but sucks hard in his current state. I don't think he's too far off from being a really good addition to a clone team and filling a gap the affiliation currently has.

Here are my ability ideas:

Quelling Blow
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel a random positive status effect on them, with a 50% chance to dispel all positive status effects instead. If an effect is dispelled, call a random clone to assist.

Force Judgment
Unchanged

Take Charge
Plo Koon taunts for 2 turns. In addition, Clone allies gain 50% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount.

Overwatch - Leader
Each ally has a 55% chance to remove a random positive status effect from an enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offense Up for 1 turn.

Not many changes, but a bit more clone synergy and a taunt. Because of the taunt adjust his stats so that they are comparable to other taunters.

I think these changes would make him a much more viable character plus giving him a taunt would help clone and Jedi teams. What do you guys think?
  • I think one of the biggest things that could be done to improve Plo (and I mentioned it in the Cody feedback thread) is to give him the clone tag that he may benefit from Echos passive heal potential, Fives assist call, and the full TM gain from his third ability (not just half and only once it's omega).

But, my thoughts on quality of life improvements. I'm all for a taunt on his second ability, especially since it does piddly damage. Two turns might be excessive especially how slow out the box PK is. Additionally improve the base chance of the debuff to 85%.

More damage on his basic attack (at least 2X). Presently he is out damaged by Echo's by the book assist.

I think the combination of these three things will put Plo Koon in a good place.
  • If he were able to taunt, remove buffs, apply team-wide offense down, and call clone assists, I don't really care much about his damage. The utility would be plenty in my opinion. All the strong tanks have pretty terrible damage.
  • Nice idea but why no Jedi synergy? Or if we still care about character synergies maybe one with him and Ashoka?
  • "Zombie961;682807" wrote:
    Nice idea but why no Jedi synergy? Or if we still care about character synergies maybe one with him and Ashoka?

I chose to focus on his clone synergy. He can still synergize well with Jedi simply by having the tag, but can really shine by leading clones or being a part of a Jedi/clone hybrid team. I feel like it gives him a real place in the game rather than just making him another Jedi option.
  • "DirtyDanchez;682801" wrote:
    If he were able to taunt, remove buffs, apply team-wide offense down, and call clone assists, I don't really care much about his damage. The utility would be plenty in my opinion. All the strong tanks have pretty terrible damage.

Still need enough offense to do something, especially in the present AoE meta. I really don't think that pushing him to deal a 4 or 5k crit instead of a 2-3k is going to break the game. Again, out of the box he is slow at 114 speed before mods.

His AoE crits for maybe 2.5k, that's fine if there's a taunt tacked onto it and a high chance to apply offense down. It's also the first priority in his AI.

• I wouldn't want the taunt on the aoe as that would be shut down real fast by Sun Fac. I like it better on his third ability.

I wouldn't be against a bit more damage, just wasn't a priority when I thought over the rework. Making his AOE hit decently hard could be good for him. A strong attack with offense down every four turns would be good for his kit I think.
  • "DirtyDanchez;682830" wrote:
    I wouldn't want the taunt on the aoe as that would be shut down real fast by Sun Fac. I like it better on his third ability.

I wouldn't be against a bit more damage, just wasn't a priority when I thought over the rework. Making his AOE hit decently hard could be good for him. A strong attack with offense down every four turns would be good for his kit I think.

Either way the taunt would get ripped fast by Sun Fac.

• As someone who has a g9 7* plo koon I would appreciate a rework.... I don't want a taunt on him I just want an increase in damage and Jedi to receive 50% tm on his special as well as clones. However I do like the idea of his leader pulling off random buffs as well as stealth. Would give him way more use...
  • "DirtyDanchez;682830" wrote:
    I wouldn't want the taunt on the aoe as that would be shut down real fast by Sun Fac. I like it better on his third ability.

The taunt wasn't on his aoe. That was unchanged.

I would love a taunting Jedi.
  • "Ego12Draconis;684243" wrote:
    I made a suggestion as well. But I like your Taunt idea. My Plo focused on Protection

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/63752/plo-koon-rework-suggestion#latest

An idea I was kicking around was protection up when a status effect is removed on his leader ability rather than offense up. I think that would be good too.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago