Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Plo koon vs RG

I'm F2P level 62 and unaware of how the game works at the top tier. I'm thinking of farming plo as a counter for all the teams with RG, would love some advice from someone who has him. It seems there are so many teams on my shard that have him (me included), that i need a counter to all the teams with him so I can consistently beat them. I haven't had too much trouble so far,but when people's teams become really strong i fear it will be hard to deal with. I would get him to gear 9, which doesn't seem too bad a farm, for the 50% potency and only use him as a counter to teams with RG, which seems to be pretty much everyone so far. I have qgj as well, so i guess the team would look something like qgj, plo, GS, rey, RG.

Someone with experience of the game please let me know - Is this an effective and consistent way of beating an RG team? QGJ, GS and Rey do damage, and i make sure the character before plo's turn (or QGJ if his turn is going to come at a better time) takes someone under half, and then try to dispel. Rinse repeat for the others while my RG absorbs damage. Could work with a healer too, most likely barriss. I certainly won't be leaving him in for defense, but very likely would never upgrade him for the 90% potency. I don't want to waste gear on guys i won't leave in for defense, but if i can just use him as a dispeller, it should be worth it. I want to get several chars geared up a decent amount so that they can be effective counters to all the normal team combinations, like ST han to mess up the dooku or other counter teams, so I can beat any normal team and stay around the top 20, thats why I'm thinking about it.

If its a good tactic, is it necessary? when i upgrade my characters i just don't know if it will be easy to beat RG teams. Can i get round it all with just qgj dispelling? Or take him out first? Or take people to just above half health and wait for a big hitter to be able to KO them? If it's a waste of time, and ill be able to beat RG teams all the time at the top tier, i may farm someone else from cantina, and get eeth koth to 5*s before yoda comes back in a couple days, so let me know

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago