Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Problem with Ackbar challenge

Hi everyone. I desperatley need tips & advices how beat that challenge.
To clarify I explain my problem.
From far beggining I've been focused on DS characters and ships. I have well geared toons and ships on DS but LS is lame. I only need Ackbar 6* to increase in nearest future my Chimeara which is only 5* because of this challenge. On LS I have only Biggs and Wedge ships 7* with gear 11. Rest of LS ships are 5* Ghost, Phantom, Cassians ship, Ashoka, JC. All of them, pilots are only gear 8, ships are 85lv and maxed abilities. I have never unlocked yet Umbaran, Plo Koon's ship and Rex's ship. And main question is : is it possible to beat this challenge with my current stock, and avoid put resources into unwanted toons and gear. ?? Just want to add, that I have seen lots of videos about it, but on every video author is using maxed 7* ships with good gear.
Thanks a lot in advance
  • Focus Rebel ships not LS... That gives you the double dip you need for both Home One and The Chimera. So if you're leveling ships do the ones that help in both places.

After that there is a lot of RNG in this fight... so prepare for a long day. I think it took me 200 tries or so over a few weeks to finally get the RNG to click. Also use resources on Home One itself as that's the lynch pin in winning the 6* Home one chalenge.

Finally... if you haven't already slap 5* level 15 mods on all pilots. don't worry about stats, or sets... just 5* level 15. It makes a large difference in Ship performance and may give you the edge to get through the Challenge

Good luck!
  • I think you will be ok to keep upgrading what you have.

You have a bunch of target lockers to keep biggs alive, and the phoenix ships work really well to negate and spread out damage
  • Well after struggling for weeks with the Ackbar and Mace challenges I finally cleared the Mace one tonight.

All I did was keep replaying it, put it on auto and let it do it's own thing, halfway through I would have a glance to see how it was doing, and if it was any good I would switch to manual and continue from there.

Took maybe 15 attempt but did it easily.

Each attempt was totally different, sometimes getting within a whisker, while others I got well and truly wiped out.

So this is what I'll be doing on the Ackbar challenge next time too :)