Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Proving grounds is not playable.

The battle has went completely bonkers. It is impossible now. Way harder than before they nerfed it. Last month got easier following the nerf and now it's harder than ever. JKL(L), JML, JKR, GAS and Ben and I don't even get a turn. Everyone dies. Tried 15 times and not once did I get more than 2 turns. Most of the time not even a turn. Contacting support in game and they are asking if I want to report another player. No I want to report a game that is so broken it is now unplayable.
  • "Krjstoff;c-2424845" wrote:
    Let that be motivation to get you roster built up to do the hard conquest, so you can unlock the characters in 3 conquests and totally forget about proving grounds...

There is just one problem many seem to forget. There will always be new players so when someone starts playing after a unit is in Conquest, the only way for them to get those units is Proving grounds.
  • "BubbaFett;c-2424862" wrote:
    "Lumiya;c-2424859" wrote:
    "Krjstoff;c-2424845" wrote:
    Let that be motivation to get you roster built up to do the hard conquest, so you can unlock the characters in 3 conquests and totally forget about proving grounds...

There is just one problem many seem to forget. There will always be new players so when someone starts playing after a unit is in Conquest, the only way for them to get those units is Proving grounds.

They can buy them with GET 3 as well....

Assuming they can get GET 3
  • "BubbaFett;c-2424866" wrote:
    "nfidel2k;c-2424865" wrote:
    "BubbaFett;c-2424862" wrote:
    "Lumiya;c-2424859" wrote:
    "Krjstoff;c-2424845" wrote:

They can buy them with GET 3 as well....

Assuming they can get GET 3

Well, 4 mill is the minimum for proving grounds and also around the level a player should be doing hard conquest.... 4 mill x 50 = 200 mill, which is when a guild can do RoTE TB... I don't think all of that is coincidental...

I don’t either, but I think you’re overvaluing buying shards with GET 3. Also ignoring guild TB choices, like running ROTE once a month instead of twice for Wat shards. Clearly the design is for the units to go to PG to be farmed, not obtained through the GET store.

And I don’t think anyone is saying they should be easy-auto mode. Just a little easier than they currently are.
  • "2ToneSkywalker;c-2424889" wrote:
    "palasypalas;c-2424825" wrote:
    i feel u
    wasted hours today trying comps and stuff, i only have see and slk
    i need crazy rng to do some of the battles

I ran it with this team 20+ times today.
    Most of the time I don't even get a turn. Also tried more than that with the CLS squad subbing CHS for Chewpio. I had GI stunned and used Luke's move to uncut his TM to 0. He immediately went 8 times in a row killing my whole team. GI is completely broken right now.

@2ToneSkywalker a suggestion for next time, only saw this after PG ended, is to try the following team.

JKL, JML, CLS, C3PO, HYoda.

I don’t know why it works, but it does. I 3* the TIE Int event this time around on the second or maybe third attempt. JML didn’t go into ult until it was just Reva left. My mods aren’t amazing either, and all are r5 except r7 JKL and JML. If you’ve got JML then you’ve got that team. Try it and hopefully it works for you too. MTFBWY.
    riklass
    Seasoned Rookie
    Logged in today, 1 starred Defender PG with SKLR R7 in 13 minutes after about 8 attempts and than it took another 5 minutes to 1 star Malgus using a R7 SEE (3 attempts). 18 minutes total.
  • "palasypalas;c-2424825" wrote:
    i feel u

The team I beat the tie defender battle with last month doesn't even get a turn this month. It's insane.
    Krjst0ff
    Seasoned Newcomer
  • "2ToneSkywalker;d-263924" wrote:
    JKL(L), JML, JKR, GAS and Ben and I don't even get a turn. Everyone dies. Tried 15 times and not once did I get more than 2 turns.

It seems like wrong squad composition to me. You need to trigger JKR's Saviour to get your first turn ASAP, so low HP/Prot Jedi with good attack and/or utility like HMY or Shaak is desirable.
  • "2ToneSkywalker;d-263924" wrote:
    The battle has went completely bonkers. It is impossible now. Way harder than before they nerfed it. Last month got easier following the nerf and now it's harder than ever. JKL(L), JML, JKR, GAS and Ben and I don't even get a turn. Everyone dies. Tried 15 times and not once did I get more than 2 turns. Most of the time not even a turn. Contacting support in game and they are asking if I want to report another player. No I want to report a game that is so broken it is now unplayable.

I three starred it yesterday with almost the same team, just used Hyoda instead of Ben. A fast JML helps to get the hero's arise to trigger early. Use the deathmark ability to wittle down the team and go for bastilla asap to prevent the aoe shock.
  • "palasypalas;c-2424825" wrote:
    i feel u

I ran it with this team 20+ times today.
    Most of the time I don't even get a turn. Also tried more than that with the CLS squad subbing CHS for Chewpio. I had GI stunned and used Luke's move to uncut his TM to 0. He immediately went 8 times in a row killing my whole team. GI is completely broken right now.