Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Replace 7* Lumi for 5* Rey?

How's everyone doing?

Right now I run 7* G8 QGJ (L), 7* G7 Leia, 5* G7 RG, 7* G8 GS, and Lumi 7* G7.
Would it be better to throw in Rey to replace Lumi? I'm not seeing amazing results with her.. Seeing how it might be better to have Rey just dish out as much damage while RG has taunt.
Not really sure how viable Rey is though at 5*.
My shard is from early feb, and I'm a month late so I'm a few levels behind everyone, but I still manage to hit 30-50s in SA not really impressive I know.

Also have a 5* Yoda and 5* FOTP... List goes on.
Plus a bunch of other characters from Chromoioums.
  • Understood, completely agree on you with CD. However mine is only at 5*'s.. So that's why I use QGJ. It would be nice to have Daka at 7*.
    What do you usually place in and how old is your shard of you don't mind me asking?
  • I run almost the same team and it gets me to #1 on a November server:
    QGJ(L), GS, Lumi, RG, Phasma (sometimes I swap Phasma as lead for defense because I think people distrust her RNG assists... although now with QGJ's +25 speed, Lumi gets to go before Poe and that's something too).

I don't see many other teams with healers (typical strongest opponent is Dooku - QGJ - Rey - GS - RG), but I think the heal is really useful to make RG last a few more hits and restore whoever else was hit before to full. It adds a minute to your typical battle length too.

On offense, Rey is probably good because the AI will not be able to go around your RG and kill her first, so she can have a few hits. On defense though, she is dead meat: a player will know how to go around / stun / debuff / whatever and Rey will not have a turn.

Also, if you remove Lumi, it leaves you with a leadership ability that's not really useful. Well yes QGJ goes first, but misses a chance to hit the opponent RG after he taunts.

Try swapping Leia for Rey?
  • Rey is a beast..

... Until probably the new update end of this week. So i suggest don't put too many resources on her
  • I am way behind in my shard. I started last day of december, and I rarely hit 500. I'm pretty much a month behind on my shard, and I play daily. I have a 4 star rey, I'm waiting to star her up before I add her in to my SA, have to see what the update does too.
  • "pnutbutter;285129" wrote:
    Yes. Hate to say it but dooku lead better to protect Rey. I won't even mess with dooku led Rey teams unless I have to or Rey is the only cannon. Two dps plus rg plus dooku lead? Only for first. Too much rng otherwise.

Makes sense, my CD is only 5* though. I definitely like him better just waiting to hit 69 for Cantina missions for him. Also yeah I haven't been spending too many resources at all. Only 50+50 energy, and 50+50 for hard mode Rey. I really hope she's not too bad when this update comes out. Same with Leia, she's becoming a beast. Ugh I can only hope lol.