Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Returning player

I’ll link my account - https://swgoh.gg/p/858614262/characters/

Basically I’ve been away for a while but I’ve decided to return and the meta seems so have changed a lot in the time I was away, I spent a little money on my account and was top 10 in my arena consistently. Now I know I’m going to be nowhere near that but it is possible again right? I need your guys help to give me an exact breakdown of who and what I should be farming because I’ve been reading some posts and I don’t understand swgoh lingo!

I was thinking about dumping some crystals into the game probably 5000+ or so, what should I be spending them on? If energy refreshes what’s the breakdown of energy refreshes I should be doing?
  • "Waqui;c-1952739" wrote:
    There is no single exact breakdown, since there are so many routes, you could choose.

Farming Bossk, hound's tooth and other BH pilots/ships could help you in both Fleet arena, GAC/TW and help you unlock Chewie, who will be a strong addition to your rebels (no longer META, but still strong). I would recommend that as your first priority.

There's also the Old Republic / Sith Empire route to unlock the two Revans and Malak.

If your guild does geonosis TB instead of Hoth TB, working on your separatists could help you there as well as help you unlock Padme (Nute is the key to unlocking her with a low gear team).

I would use fleet Energy to farm Carth, Shaak Ti and/or B1, since they can't be farmed elsewhere.

Yeah I was thinking of going in the Galactic republic direction if I’m being honest! Padme team looks good! I haven’t got enough time to farm for the DR event but I’ll start farming for JKR at least
  • The current meta is the Darth Revan+ Darth Malak and the sith empire.
    To do this you also should have almost all the OR characters at g11/g12 (+ zeta on some).

Jedi knight Revan (with bastila, jolee, gmy and hermityoda/general kenobi/ezra/other good jedi) is close to the meta.

Another great option is the GG's droid team or the Padme's (+Anakin, Kenobi, snips) Galactic Republic team.

The geo Brood Alpha's team or the 501 Shaak's clones team also viable.

Note that there are ledgendary characters like R2D2, C3PO, Thrawn etc that can be very effective in more than 1 team (but some of those characters require an investment in other toons)

5000 crystals is not small amount, but not too high either. I suggest to focuse on 1 squad at first.
    Pay attention to the mods and the gear. This could be no less of a farm than the toons farm.
    Make a smart use of each farm source (regular/hard battls, cantina, fleets...)

Good luck
  • There is no single exact breakdown, since there are so many routes, you could choose.

Farming Bossk, hound's tooth and other BH pilots/ships could help you in both Fleet arena, GAC/TW and help you unlock Chewie, who will be a strong addition to your rebels (no longer META, but still strong). I would recommend that as your first priority.

There's also the Old Republic / Sith Empire route to unlock the two Revans and Malak.

If your guild does geonosis TB instead of Hoth TB, working on your separatists could help you there as well as help you unlock Padme (Nute is the key to unlocking her with a low gear team).

I would use fleet Energy to farm Carth, Shaak Ti and/or B1, since they can't be farmed elsewhere.
  • I’d approach it from a Raid /Territory war/ ships view.. as that is where your gear/ characters/ mats will come.
    I know Old Republic, Separatist and looking like Galactic Republic are in the now. But also farm what you like / your favorite characters that you’ll enjoy playing with ... here are some ideas.
    In order of how I’d approach from an outsider perspective;
    1. Bounty hunters- especially Bossk and Jango... farming Jango gets you Bossk ship, the best tank ship. BHs are very useful in Hoth Tb. And a solid team all around. Also needed for Chewie Legendary
    2. Jedi Knight Revan. The easier of the Old Republic teams. It also starts helping you complete your future DS OR team.
    3. (Jedi Training Rey.) Resistance and First Order. With the announcement that the vets are going to easier nodes to farm, she and Bb8 are very good.
    4. Geos or Separatist droids. To gain Padme
    5. Whatever makes you happy, this can be any number. Have fun!
  • "avihas;c-1952737" wrote:
    The current meta is the Darth Revan+ Darth Malak and the sith empire.
    To do this you also should have almost all the OR characters at g11/g12 (+ zeta on some).

Jedi knight Revan (with bastila, jolee, gmy and hermityoda/general kenobi/ezra/other good jedi) is close to the meta.

Another great option is the GG's droid team or the Padme's (+Anakin, Kenobi, snips) Galactic Republic team.

The geo Brood Alpha's team or the 501 Shaak's clones team also viable.

Note that there are ledgendary characters like R2D2, C3PO, Thrawn etc that can be very effective in more than 1 team (but some of those characters require an investment in other toons)

5000 crystals is not small amount, but not too high either. I suggest to focuse on 1 squad at first.
    Pay attention to the mods and the gear. This could be no less of a farm than the toons farm.
    Make a smart use of each farm source (regular/hard battls, cantina, fleets...)

Good luck

Yeah I was thinking of working towards a Padme team if I’m being honest but more importantly if I am to buy crystals, what energy refreshes are the most efficient doing?
  • "KueChael;c-1952782" wrote:
    I’d approach it from a Raid /Territory war/ ships view.. as that is where your gear/ characters/ mats will come.
    I know Old Republic, Separatist and looking like Galactic Republic are in the now. But also farm what you like / your favorite characters that you’ll enjoy playing with ... here are some ideas.
    In order of how I’d approach from an outsider perspective;
    1. Bounty hunters- especially Bossk and Jango... farming Jango gets you Bossk ship, the best tank ship. BHs are very useful in Hoth Tb. And a solid team all around. Also needed for Chewie Legendary
    2. Jedi Knight Revan. The easier of the Old Republic teams. It also starts helping you complete your future DS OR team.
    3. (Jedi Training Rey.) Resistance and First Order. With the announcement that the vets are going to easier nodes to farm, she and Bb8 are very good.
    4. Geos or Separatist droids. To gain Padme
    5. Whatever makes you happy, this can be any number. Have fun!

Okay and if I was to purchase say 5000 crystals, is that enough? Also what should I be using them on? What kind of energy refreshes etc? How many of each?

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago