Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rex Squad without Chaze

I'm not planning on investing time/energy/gear/credits/real world money to get Chaze, so that's out of the question. I am wondering how the squad of Rex lead with DN, TFP, and GK and R2. How does this sound?
  • I haven't run R2 and I took TFP out of my team a while ago. Currently I am running Rex, GK, DN, Boba, and Kylo. You can certainly do decently with a Rex team without Chaze.
  • I know you said no Chirrut or Baze, but I run Rex (L), Baze, Chirrut or Barriss (depends who I'm facing), R2, and Kylo.
    Barriss and Kylo are zeta'd. The reason I post this is because my Baze and Chirrut are only 3* and gear X.
    Sitting at 9th place right now on a July 2016 leaderboard.

https://swgoh.gg/u/carbonari/
  • Chaze is one of the best duo's in the game. I have them but they see the bench more now when they were once main stays on my team. Chaze is one of the reasons I love facing triple cleanse teams with my Sith which is supposed to be the "anti-sith" meta. On offense Chaze or triple cleanse teams work great and is easy. The main reason is because AI loves to target Chirrut. They always have for me at least. With Baze/GK taking all the blows your team feels unstoppable and seems like the best squad in game maybe. But Chaze is sooo easy to just ignore. Don't attack Chirrut and Baze will never taunt. It's really that simple. Then Chaze is kinda just two dead weights that don't pose a threat. I actually think without Chaze your team is better if you have the right toons and as long as you have GK.
  • Some fun combos I've tried out, that are amazing on offence are:
    Rex lead, nihilus, ZZ R2, kylo, Old Ben
    Rex lead, nihilus, ZZ R2, kylo, boba
    Rex lead, nihilus, ZZ R2, gk, kylo/boba.
    My favourite, in terms of fun is the 1st one, with the most effective probably being the 3rd one with Kylo.
    On defence with these teams, it's a totally different story.
  • I ran Rex L, Zavage, zBoba, EP, and Shoretrooper for a while.

It worked pretty well on offense. I was able to take top 5 most days.
  • Currently running Rex (L), R2 (no Zeta) DN (no Zeta), zKylo, EP in a 2015 shard with great results. I just checked arena for the first time in about 18 hours and I haven't dropped one spot (sitting at 20). After two quick battles, I'm back in the top 10.
  • "Gaidal_Cain;c-1063666" wrote:
    I ran Rex L, Zavage, zBoba, EP, and Shoretrooper for a while.

It worked pretty well on offense. I was able to take top 5 most days.

I'm running Rex, zSavage, DN, Palp and GK.

Working out well enough for me so far.