Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rex/AA/(Lando) starting leader

Managed to reroll for Rex on one and AA on another account. Looking to focus on early squad arena and stay in top as long as possible (being f2p). Probably going the meta way, so farming some STH, Boba, Lando, Wiggs.

My question is: considering this cookie cutter path with a rebel+boba team, would the most viable start be with AA or with Rex? I've seen that Rex is a more popular character according to the meta reports, but AA would seem to be in sync with other early-game toons that i plan to use. Besides, would Lando be a solid choice to bridge the leader gap between rebel and Boba? In your opinion, does Rex have any significant advantages instead of AA, or vice versa?

Thanks
  • You can't promote Rex till level 60 when his shards become available in Guild and Fleet Shipments.
  • "Huatimus;960968" wrote:
    You can't promote Rex till level 60 when his shards become available in Guild and Fleet Shipments.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be keeping that in mind. Would you reckon that I won't be able to keep Rex up with the rest of my squad?
  • Sounds logical. Thanks for the explanation.

Also, should AA lead be switched to a Lando lead as soon as possible? How much would the loss in speed and non-attack assist be compensated by extra critical damage, and the fact that Boba would receive no bonuses from the AA lead?
  • Sorry, I don't have AA as I think using him....is a trap! I've seen allegations that his leadership ability does not work as advertised and do not have the time or resources to experiment for myself. My first chromium pull was Lando and I got him to 7* by level 50 and used him as lead all the way till I got Wedge(level 70s)