Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sacrificing speed on mods

Would you sacrifice 4 speed points on an attacker (specifically Vader) to have a crit damage triangle, i.e. 36% CD instead of protection???

Specific case is in arena team of Palp(L), Vader, Thrawn, Nihilus, Sion
  • "CoastalJames;c-1595267" wrote:
    It's maths innit...

You can have one slower, more powerful shot. Or two faster, slightly weaker shots.

Decision is yours.

Personally I'd go for the double. Making more "actions" than the enemy is always a good thing. Never let it be said different.

I pretty much agree with the first part, although it should probably be worded somewhere along the lines of ‘a few powerful attacks or a few more weak attacks’, instead of saying “one slower” and “two faster”.

As for taking more turns than the enemy, I don’t think it’s always good, though it usually is. Such as opening with force crush, which gives enemy Nihilus 100% turn meter and he increases all of your cooldowns. And I remember seeing a video of Jedi in P1 STR where visas had no speed secondaries, but she still did the most damage (she was slow enough to survive two annihilates with the same unbreakable will).
  • "DaPowerfulJedi;c-1595280" wrote:
    I pretty much agree with the first part, although it should probably be worded somewhere along the lines of ‘a few powerful attacks or a few more weak attacks’, instead of saying “one slower” and “two faster”.

Thank you, yes. It's very early - poorly worded. Thank you for trying to clarify my point.

More attacks than your opponent are better, in my opinion. You can sacrifice a little power for the sake of extra attacks. You can have the most powerful attack in the world...it doesn't count for anything if you're dead.

• However, Vader has a ship. Are both mods 5-dot? If not, the CD one clearly is and that one should be on Vader to boost his fleet power until you find one that ALSO has speed.
  • "Vendi1983;c-1595530" wrote:
    However, Vader has a ship. Are both mods 5-dot? If not, the CD one clearly is and that one should be on Vader to boost his fleet power until you find one that ALSO has speed.

both 5-dot mods (don't mess around with 4 dots)