Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Share your Hoth Soldier Squads

Hoth Soldier, that pretty guy at the back, you all know the one im talking about.

Wondering what squad people are putting him in to make him viable or even successful, I was hoping Ackbar lead but that may take a little more thought as is Soldier was in that'd kill the Leia surprise.

Possibly Ackbar(L),Leia,Soldier,Han,Rg or something to that extent. Though a Chewie or Ben/Han lead may also be successful.

Thoughts?
  • "Aero;520124" wrote:
    Hoth Soldier sounds good max, but he's a one node character. Wonder how many people even have him at 7 star?

I believe most krakens have him, mine is 5* so is viable right now in the right squad.

"ChaosDoom;520800" wrote:
    I have him maxed. Though he is slow, his taunt come after opp qgj turn. His taunt is perm when omegaed. 3 turns taunt 3 turn cooldown. Tons of health and give def up to all rebels.

Correct! Definitely requires a double taunt. Perhaps Ben(L),Han,Soldier,Leia,Qg?
  • "ChaosDoom;523225" wrote:
    "LaLiam;521296" wrote:
    "Aero;520124" wrote:
    Hoth Soldier sounds good max, but he's a one node character. Wonder how many people even have him at 7 star?

I believe most krakens have him, mine is 5* so is viable right now in the right squad.

I have him maxed. Though he is slow, his taunt come after opp qgj turn. His taunt is perm when omegaed. 3 turns taunt 3 turn cooldown. Tons of health and give def up to all rebels.

Correct! Definitely requires a double taunt. Perhaps Ben(L),Han,Soldier,Leia,Qg?

Hoth Rebel Soldier best used in Aa lead, leia, hr soldier, rey and sf. 2 taunts between hr soldier and sf, def up on 3 toons.

Those taunts are too slow to actually appear and the assists will be wasted on aa not Leia.

This guy is going to take a little more thought.
  • "ChaosDoom;524711" wrote:
    "LaLiam;523656" wrote:
    "ChaosDoom;523225" wrote:
    "LaLiam;521296" wrote:
    "Aero;520124" wrote:

Hoth Rebel Soldier best used in Aa lead, leia, hr soldier, rey and sf. 2 taunts between hr soldier and sf, def up on 3 toons.

Those taunts are too slow to actually appear and the assists will be wasted on aa not Leia.

This guy is going to take a little more thought.

Have u used maxed hr soldier, leia and aa combo before? Coz of hr soldier speed, his taunt is unlikely get dispelled by qgj

Are you asking if I have all 3 maxed? Then no, my Soldier is only 5*, gear wise he is max though.

QG would be all over that taunt, its a perma, why wouldnt you dispel it?

Like I said it needs more thought than just replacing him for Rey in a generic comp.
  • I have him at 5* and almost 6* (maybe another week). He's good with those that provide D up due to his healing. RG and IGD are good (chewy lead, too). I'd like to see him in a IGD (L) squad. Maybe QGJ, Fisto, and AS?
  • "aPlateOfGrapes;537622" wrote:
    I have him at 5* and almost 6* (maybe another week). He's good with those that provide D up due to his healing. RG and IGD are good (chewy lead, too). I'd like to see him in a IGD (L) squad. Maybe QGJ, Fisto, and AS?

Yea I was thinking chewie lead with rg could be promising, double taunt with an auto taunt as well could be really effective. Its a shame you cant heal through protection.

If I ran those 3 I'd have to get 2 dps toons in there and possible a dispeller, it maybe that Teebo or Mace (rework?) could work with Leia since she's always in stealth.

It would definitely be a defence team rather than a snipe team.

"Godlike;537356" wrote:
    I ran lando (L), rg, sth, B2, Hrsoldier. I think the omegas are necessary for him to work. About another 2 months for 7 star

https://s32.postimg.org/6baq3idud/image.png

Lando lead is also a good idea... If you can get Soldier/Han taunting most people would dispel Han and go for Soldier, which would be a lot of hp to go through to get to the squishies. The main issue would be the speed the taunts go up, someone like Lando would be vulnerable and if you lose him thats your attack gone.

Lando does open up Chewie and Leia.
  • "jdevilengrey;540045" wrote:
    Hello, did you think we can use him at 4* but all g10 and ability omegaed and lvl 80 in arena?
    Was thinking of putting him with hrsc wedge rg lando(L). (All maxed of course)

4* He is viable yup, but you will get picked on, really needs to be 5 or 6*. Even with Omega's 4* is a little low for arena.