Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Sidious AoE

I have a 7* Darth Sidious with gear level VIII level 70 and recently his AoE has been resisted by entire squads both in PvE and PvP. I usually get 0-2 dots to stick, and only a single (never double for crit). Was there a recent nerf?
  • I have seen it too, usually resist all if you use the AOE on first turn, more random if you use it later..
    I rarly use Sid anymore tho, seems like the AOE hurt himself more with all counter from Dooku than it hurt the other team.
  • I never use AoE of Sid in beginning. I always use it in later stage when 1 or 2 toons are just about to die, so then with AoE, I will kill more then one toon. Toon with lvl 70 and gear 8 will have strong tenacity to wand of the attack.
  • Looks like they tweaked debuffs in lots of PvE (at least challenges with Fett and Cad Bane): all debuffs miss (Sidious' and others' too).
    The same seem to apply to some LS/DS battles as well.

On top of that, I *think* Sidious also sticks less in GW, as you described. But that would be just fair given his 0% potency.
  • I actually never use AoE first turn, usually try to get the healing debuff first but for a couple weeks it seems like everyone keeps resisting all his dots. They only seem to work when I fight something level 55. Yet Darth Vader will apply all 3 to entire teams and I only have him at 4*
  • I wish they hadn't fixed it so much. Vader has 3 dots he can apply, plus a chance at ability block every basic attack. Sidious was only 1 dot, 2 for crit and a heal debuff. I never see his AoE tick for massive damage, so now I feel like he is only useful for a heal debuff that doesn't even hit that often anymore either.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 20 hours ago