Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Sith (Health vs. Protection)

I'm running a zzEP, DV, Thrawn, zSion, zDN arena team (https://swgoh.gg/squads/109850/). Given the kits for each, i.e., EP receives additional protection under his unique, but grants Sith health under his leadership; Thrawn's second special grants protection; DS recovers protection under his second special and protection under his third special, and DN recovers health under his unique, do you prefer using mods with health % primaries for DN (rather than protection primaries) and a mix of health and protection primaries for EP and DS? Do you prefer the CD triangle for DS?

Thank in advance.
  • I tend to go for protection because at G12 most characters have more protection than health anyways, and a 23.5% boost in protection gives way more survivability than a 5.88% boost to health. I run this same lineup and Vader is the only one I have a CD triangle on, I have a protection triangle on everyone else. I used to run CD on Sion too but now I prefer making him as tanky as possible, extra crit damage doesn't do him too much good if he dies before he gets to Hatred. He still hits like a truck without it and he's even harder to kill.
  • protection, usually.

it's enough raw toughness that by time the enemy is through with it, I should have crippled them enough to where the health restoration is enough even with barely increased health pools

DN especially gets prot, as he has no way to regen health under palp. While Sion getting debuffs will boost his max health, doubt you need health mods to boost it faster
  • Thanks @TheBatman and @HK666. Re DN under an EP lead, doesn't he regen health when his DOT debuff expires (but not his health down debuff because that is triggered by an enemy turn)?
  • He does not. The dot is inflicted at the start of his turn, and does not restore his health

the team gets 5% tm when that dot expires, but the only way for DN to regen health is health steal, unique, or annihilate. two of which just give him more max health, and aren't true healing

(Hoda and other healer can also heal him to, didn't mention that)
  • "HK666;c-1706444" wrote:
    He does not. The dot is inflicted at the start of his turn, and does not restore his health

the team gets 5% tm when that dot expires, but the only way for DN to regen health is health steal, unique, or annihilate. two of which just give him more max health, and aren't true healing

(Hoda and other healer can also heal him to, didn't mention that)

They said they fixed DN DoT ability and that he should now recover health :

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187551/content-update-11-14-2018#latest

"CG_SBCrumb;d-187551" wrote:
  • UNIT - Fixed a bug where Darth Nihilus would not recover 20% of his max health when he inflicts a debuff at the start of his turn with his "Wound in the Force" with Emperor Palpatine in the leader slot.
  • With 6s mods its clear to go for health however for most characters including most Sith. Many have synergies with a %hp based heal and this will help a lot having a huge polster to play the heal up game. Kindly note all extra protection is based on health pool. Just %based protection gain from Sion, Thrawn and Imp Zeta wont benefit than of course.
  • Thanks for the heads up @Metasly and @XKurareX. Since EP's lead grants 35% potency, I focused on speed and health sets for the team. Given the high tenacity under Bastila and tenacity up under Revan, is it better to include at least one potency set?
  • If you get above 100% potency it will make sense. Some bastilas will wipe if your mods will be better than theirs.

You will need potency of 100% on vader, sion and zimp (nihilus too to some extend if you manage this). You should have high health/protection pool on all of them to survive the start.

Turn order:
    Vader will go first basically due to his unique...so lets ignore him in this case
    Sion - Thrawn - Zimp - Nihilus

This debuffs all tanks, instantly fracture gmy and from than on its annihilating game one by one. Potency on Zimp can be 120%+ to land shock/Stun and have fun!

Be warned Zimp can be beaten by many combos. And certainly is not kickass anymore even well modded.