Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Speed and first turn

I have Ezra at 184 speed and Captain Rex at 183 speed.
Yet, Rex still goes before him evey match despite there beeing no match effects from my team or opponents team.

Why is this happening and how can I adjust it?

https://swgoh.gg/u/starmichael/
https://swgoh.gg/p/162587917/characters/
  • "WookieWookie;c-2451659" wrote:
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/captain-rex/

Now this is an essay of a kit, but the first line of his unique probably explains it no matter your level of omega investment and type of game mode.

Yes I am aware but Hera as lead spreads Rex's unique to Ezra so they should both receive +25 speed each from Rex's unique.
  • I don't have any omicron. As of now, Ezra has 6 speed more than Rex yet Rex still goes first. This bugs me because I need Ezra to go first so Rex can fill his turn meter up with his AoE
  • "Starmichael;c-2451693" wrote:
    I don't have any omicron. As of now, Ezra has 6 speed more than Rex yet Rex still goes first. This bugs me because I need Ezra to go first so Rex can fill his turn meter up with his AoE

I'm not sure if this is one of those cases where placement matters - but do you have Ezra placed before or after Rex in the squad selection screen? Try Hera, Rex, Ezra, x, x instead of Hera, Ezra, Rex, x, x. Honestly don't know if that will matter in this case but I know that in some cases, uniques are applied in the order that the characters are placed.
  • "herd_nerfer;c-2451695" wrote:
    "Starmichael;c-2451693" wrote:
    I don't have any omicron. As of now, Ezra has 6 speed more than Rex yet Rex still goes first. This bugs me because I need Ezra to go first so Rex can fill his turn meter up with his AoE

I'm not sure if this is one of those cases where placement matters - but do you have Ezra placed before or after Rex in the squad selection screen? Try Hera, Rex, Ezra, x, x instead of Hera, Ezra, Rex, x, x. Honestly don't know if that will matter in this case but I know that in some cases, uniques are applied in the order that the characters are placed.

I tried that in the galactic challenge mode T1. Sometimes Ezra goes first sometimes Rex. But in the higher tiers like T6,
    Chopper goes first (203 speed)
    Then Rex (183 speed),
    Then Hera (197 speed)
    Then Ezra (189 speed)

The thing is, Rex gives the others +25speed which doesn't show up on their stats pre-match. Which means that the other phoenix members like Ezra and Hera should have an even higher speed stat in-match. Still Rex goes before them. I'm puzzled.

Edit: And in the Secret and Shadows Mythic tier, Rex goes before all of them.
  • "Starmichael;c-2451703" wrote:
    "herd_nerfer;c-2451695" wrote:

I tried that in the galactic challenge mode T1. Sometimes Ezra goes first sometimes Rex. But in the higher tiers like T6,
    Then Rex (183 speed),
    Then Hera (197 speed)
    Then Ezra (189 speed)

The thing is, Rex gives the others +25speed which doesn't show up on their stats pre-match. Which means that the other phoenix members like Ezra and Hera should have an even higher speed stat in-match. Still Rex goes before them. I'm puzzled.

So, there's the other part of the unique that grants TM when a clone or phoenix gets a debuff. Is Rex getting debuffed? If so he may be getting 10% TM instead of 5% since he has both the Phoenix and Clone tags.
  • "herd_nerfer;c-2451710" wrote:
    "Starmichael;c-2451703" wrote:

Then Rex (183 speed),
    Then Hera (197 speed)
    Then Ezra (189 speed)

So, there's the other part of the unique that grants TM when a clone or phoenix gets a debuff. Is Rex getting debuffed? If so he may be getting 10% TM instead of 5% since he has both the Phoenix and Clone tags.

I understand, but The description goes:
    "whenever a Clone Trooper or Phoenix ally is inflicted with a debuff, Rex gains 5% Turn Meter per debuff and all allies recover 5% Health and Protection".

This means he only gets TM when others receive debuffs. So doesnt matter that he's both a clone and phoenix, it's the others giving him TM this way.

But I find another thread that implies its not Rex getting too much TM but the others getting too little from his unique.

Check this out:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Captain-Rex-s-Unique-Isn-t-Properly-Shared-By-Hera-Lead/m-p/12687321

Edit:
    I tried this out in Arena and Chopper went first, followed by the opponent Vader he immediately debuffed my characters. Before Vaders AoE it looked like Hera had most TM filled followed by Ezra. But after Vader debuffed the whole team Rex went ahead before them.

So it looks like the bug reported in June is still alive.
  • "PlayerJ;c-2451717" wrote:
    I don’t think the lvl 7 unique of Rex is being applied to whole team.
    I think only the lvl 6 version of Rex unique is being applied to whole team.

I think the lvl 7 unique of Rex is only applying to himself.
    This would mean your Rex has 208 speed and is faster vs. your whole team.

No, that is wrong thankfully. The +25 speed is bunched up with all the other stats in the description that adds stats to the phoenix Squadron, once you you upgrade the skill to lvl7.
  • "Starmichael;c-2451744" wrote:
    "herd_nerfer;c-2451710" wrote:
    "Starmichael;c-2451703" wrote:

Then Rex (183 speed),
    Then Hera (197 speed)
    Then Ezra (189 speed)

I understand, but The description goes:
    "whenever a Clone Trooper or Phoenix ally is inflicted with a debuff, Rex gains 5% Turn Meter per debuff and all allies recover 5% Health and Protection".

This means he only gets TM when others receive debuffs. So doesnt matter that he's both a clone and phoenix, it's the others giving him TM this way.

But I find another thread that implies its not Rex getting too much TM but the others getting too little from his unique.

Check this out:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Captain-Rex-s-Unique-Isn-t-Properly-Shared-By-Hera-Lead/m-p/12687321

Edit:
    I tried this out in Arena and Chopper went first, followed by the opponent Vader he immediately debuffed my characters. Before Vaders AoE it looked like Hera had most TM filled followed by Ezra. But after Vader debuffed the whole team Rex went ahead before them.

So it looks like the bug reported in June is still alive.

Looking at the mechanics on gg it looks like rex is gaining twice the amount of turn meter though, regardless of what other allies are getting. There's a call-out for rex to get 5% TM, immediately followed by a call-out for anyone with the phoenix tag to get 5% TM (including rex) - which means rex is gaining twice what everyone else is getting. I could be reading the mechanics wrong, but it seems fairly plain.

As an aside - When an ability states "whenever an ally" - that's inclusive of the character who's kit it's in. If it's supposed to exclude that character it will state "whenever another ally". The text doesn't always match the actual mechanics, but that's been the convention so far.

Whatever is going on there, it looks like it's going to be tough to get the turn order to fall the way you want it to if debuffs are landing before rex takes a turn.
  • Cool, but at the moment its not that Rex gets TM and the others dont. It appears they all do but Rex gets the most.

Lets focus on this sentence in his unique. "whenever a Clone Trooper or Phoenix ally is inflicted with a debuff, Rex gains 5% Turn Meter per debuff".

We assume that since this is part of his unique, it should apply to other phoenix members aswell and we assume then that for Ezra for example it would be:
    "whenever a Clone Trooper or Phoenix ally is inflicted with a debuff, Ezra gains 5% Turn Meter per debuff"

So if Chopper receives 2 debuffs, and hera receives 2 debuffs, we could assume that both Rex and Ezra would receive the full +20% TM from 4 debuffs, since Rex unique is now Ezras unique aswell.
    But somehow, Rex gains double.

But if Rex is the only one that can gain bonus TM it isn't clear at all in the description since Heras lead states that all their uniques get shared amongst them.
  • "PlayerJ;c-2453770" wrote:

We know the - 20% Damage Penalty isn’t going to be spread to the entire Phoenix team from the Unique.
    The Damage Penalty is strictly talking about Captain Rex exclusively.

We than infer the + 25 Speed must follow the same principle because the game wrote both text prior to Semi-Colon.
    This would mean the 2 above stats are being adjusted exclusively to Captain Rex.

The reduction in damage penalty is supposed to apply to everyone on the team, as is the 25 speed. The entire unique is shared. Why do you think the speed and damage penalty reduction are supposed to be confined to Rex?