Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Stormtrooper Han and Tenacity

Should be a fairly quick thread here, but I'm looking for confirmation if tenacity has an impact on STHan's ability to hold onto his taunt through QGJ's buff removal skill. I noticed a couple times over the weekend that QGJ could not remove it, and wasn't sure if this was a tenacity/potency thing, or if the attack was dodged, etc.

Thanks!
  • If i had to guess i'd say its from a dodge or missed attack, but i'm not entirely sure..
  • "Dhoey321;592772" wrote:
    If i had to guess i'd say its from a dodge or missed attack, but i'm not entirely sure..

I would guess the same. I've never seen that QGJ's buff removal got "resisted", just "dodged" or "missed".
  • Trying to see the point of a tenacity mod build then... seems like any tank would benefit more from health, just getting the one tenacity up mod from that set... in the case of Han or RG, potency would probably be a better choice, at least in RG's case. For Han, does his bluff skill get impacted by his potency?
  • "Gank_Killer;592902" wrote:
    QGJ's skill is bugged currently. It will remove the buff, but not give Offense Up. Give ofense up but not remove buff, etc etc.

I've seen that happen too.

• "OldForester;592836" wrote:
    For Han, does his bluff skill get impacted by his potency?

TM-Removal usually is Potency vs Tenacy again just like applying Debuffs. I believe I have seen Toons resisting STH's bluff.
  • "OldForester;592836" wrote:
    Trying to see the point of a tenacity mod build then... seems like any tank would benefit more from health

Some tanks work much, much better when not stunned.
  • Well, I can confirm for sure that Han can't resist being dispelled. My Han has 88 tenacity and I tried it over a dozen times in GW against crappy QGJ's with 31 potency by using different squads, all including Han.
    Result: he didn't resist once!

If he is able, he should (88-31 = 57%) resist more often than not. Tenacity mods are almost useless
  • "Scruffy_Looking;594551" wrote:
    "OldForester;592836" wrote:
    Trying to see the point of a tenacity mod build then... seems like any tank would benefit more from health

Some tanks work much, much better when not stunned.

HA! I'm no stranger to sarcasm but in my case specifically I'm not too worried about stuns. The only tanks I have used are RG, ST Han and Poe, all still have benefits while stunned, or do what they need before the stun occurs.