Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Stuck in ships

I have a problem. I didn't like ship battles so basically ignored them when I first hit 60. Now I'm 76 and realizing that the crystals from fleet arena rewards would be very helpful. I have a bunch of 7* toons and ok arena teams (rank ~500). However even with 4 star ships and pilots geared to at least 6, I cant seem to win battles. I can't get beyond the first capital ship challenges, and I can only get through the first level 2 hard battle. I can't get any blue mats so I can't improve the ships more.

What do I do? Keep starring the ships I have? Try to buy different ships with other currencies? Something else?

Thanks for your help.
  • Keep gearing your pilots. Gear lvl 6 is low — even at level 76. Stars, levels, mods and ability levels of the pilots also influence your ships.
  • "Waqui;c-1623015" wrote:
    Keep gearing your pilots. Gear lvl 6 is low — even at level 76. Stars, levels, mods and ability levels of the pilots also influence your ships.

If it aint purple, you aint tryin hard enough. :p
  • Decide which ships you want and start farming them. If any of your arena squad is a pilot that helps since you likely already have them geared and ready to go. A strong pilot is just as important as a strong ship.
  • KRU and his ship are on the same cantina node. start there.

Vader and his ship are really important. so is TFP and his ship. Vader's ship comes from 1 slot in the fleet arena store. His shards are lower in the store or achievements. (also a hard node, but you're not there yet) TFP ship shards can come from galactic war store.

Biggs is good for raids as part of a wiggs or rebels team and arguably the best ship in the game.

Phoenix ships are ok if you've already farmed them for Thrawn/Emperor.

And when it starts to hurt, remember that the ship ability material challenge can award Zetas, and is critical for character development.
  • So all of that matters in pilots even if you don't have the blue mats to increase the ship abilities?
  • "Socrates99999;c-1623063" wrote:
    So all of that matters in pilots even if you don't have the blue mats to increase the ship abilities?

It's not the only thing but the pilot is a big part of the ship's power.

I recently unlocked Slave 1 and that 4* lvl 1 ship had over 20k power because the pilor was 7*, lvl 77 and G8.

Conversely, my 5*, lvl 76/77 Ghost and Phantom are both below 15k power because the crews are 5* and mid 60s.