Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Super Fast Hound's Tooth?

My FO TIE Fighter's speed = 187
My Poe's X-Wing's speed = 186
Their Hound's Tooth's speed = 140
Their Han's Falcon's speed = 175

My battles against this one particular player in Fleet Arena have gone like this:
1. I open by using FOTF's special on his/her Falcon.
2. Then, his/her Hound's Tooth goes -- before my Poe X-wing with 46 more speed (so I can no longer attack Han's Falcon).

I tried repeatedly against this one player with the same result.

I recorded the last round (including viewing the ships' speeds). Before I report this as a suspected cheater, can someone tell me how a 140 HT can be faster than my 186 Poe (and a 175 Han's Falcon)?

I'm running a 58,982 Chimaera with HT as the third in my starting lineup. This person's running a 43,221 Ackbar with Biggs as the third in his/hers.

edit: Both of my abbreviations for Han's Millenium Falcon were censored...
  • Have you even read Hounds Tooth kit? He gains turn meter if you attack any other ally like say the Mil.F
  • "phaserbrain;c-1787515" wrote:
    +25% TM on 140 = 175, which is still less than 186

FOTF hit twice?

ETA:
    "Huatimus;c-1787516" wrote:
    That's not how TM works.
    140/(1-0.25)=186.667
    Faster than your 186 Poe.

That too, didn’t pay attention to the math.
  • FOTF hit once (special). But I get the math now with the TM.
    Edit: P.S. -- too tired for math after a very long day.
  • Bruh, cheating in this game doesn’t even work like that. Since battles are client side, they just get the game to say they won when they didn’t. They can’t actually alter the stats of their characters and ships server side.
  • I'd also need to speed up FOTF since he has to clear the Falcon's protection first so that Poe's special can finish off the target (it is only a guaranteed crit if there's no protection on the target). I can't put 6-dot mods on my FOTP because he's Gear XI (and I'd rather not invest any more gear in him)... I'll have to see how many other HTs are 140+ / check before each battle. The reason this seemed fishy in the first place is because it was just one player's HT who was going before my Poe, so there may not be many others in my way.

Edit: Getting to 1 gear piece shy of G12 on FOTF, I got FOTP to 188. So I was able to add a mod to Poe to get his ship to 187. I attacked the same player, and my Poe went before their HT, so there's the empirical validation. Now, the remaining issue is sometimes not doing enough damage to the Falcon to take it out...
  • "phaserbrain;c-1787525" wrote:
    FOTF hit once (special). But I get the math now with the TM.
    Edit: P.S. -- too tired for math after a very long day.

??

Looks like you just missed it too, 0.667 speed. Drop another piece of gear on Poe or something and you’re good to go.
  • "phaserbrain;c-1787545" wrote:
    I'd also need to speed up FOTF since he has to clear the Falcon's protection first so that Poe's special can finish off the target (it is only a guaranteed crit if there's no protection on the target). I can't put 6-dot mods on my FOTP because he's Gear XI (and I'd rather not invest any more gear in him)... I'll have to see how many other HTs are 140+ / check before each battle. The reason this seemed fishy in the first place is because it was just one player's HT who was going before my Poe, so there may not be many others in my way.

Edit: Getting to 1 gear piece shy of G12 on FOTF, I got FOTP to 188. So I was able to add a mod to Poe to get his ship to 187. I attacked the same player, and my Poe went before their HT, so there's the empirical validation. Now, the remaining issue is sometimes not doing enough damage to the Falcon to take it out...

Cool test! Thanks for confirming!
  • "Huatimus;c-1787514" wrote:
    Have you even read Hounds Tooth kit? He gains turn meter if you attack any other ally like say the Mil.F

I run HT in Fleet Arena and I totally forgot about this.