Forum Discussion

9 years ago

surprisingly not awful: resistence team post update

So from the leaked dmg reduction stats it looked like resistence team was absolutely butchered so I stopped farming it. Then today on my last gw node I was vs max dooku, kylo, qgj, lumi, gs. Figured Id try my resistence team for first wave to maybe take a toon or two down to make it easier for my A team. To my surprise I wiped that team out with 3 guys left standing too. Heres my subpar guys (also their abilities are mostly half leveled)
5* finn half g8 lv 65
6* rp full g8 no pre craft lv 70
4* res trooper half g8 lvl 46!
5* rey half g8 lv 70
and tossed in my half health max gs lv 74 for dps and coz poe died

was very surprised to win last node with what I thought was a suicide squad. Is resistence team actually good in max arena battles after all?
  • In Arena I don't think so to be honest. I think Poe, RP, and Rey are pretty good. Finn has potential but I think he's too slow and I don't care for his 2nd ability, he's too slow for it to be relevant I feel like. My Res Trooper is too low so I can't comment on him. The full squad might be good minus Finn. Use QGJ or Yoda for the 5th spot maybe.

Right now I'm running QGJ (L), Yoda, RP, Poe, Rey and I've been in top-10 and finished 2nd today. RP is only at gear 7 and Rey 6 stars but it's been decent. I've also tried swapping RP with Old Ben in certain matches and that was nice too. See how it goes. I would honestly not farm Finn unless they add a character that grants the squad speed or good TM.
  • Maybe I am reading wrong, but isn't the RT pretty key to the group? If he gains 50% turn meter every time any enemy is exposed, then isn't he constantly attacking at the start of a fight? Poe, Finn, and RP all have high chances to expose, as does RT himself. Seems (on paper) to be quite awesome synergy.

I've been thinking about farming this team as well (all 5 of them, no subs) because I figured the offense and potency boost from Poe would be perfect for tons of exposed effect, and boost the focus fire from the two cannons and Rey.

• "YeeOleDusty;325676" wrote:
    Finn L
    Rey
    RP
    Poe
    Phasma
    This group keeps me #10-40 on my competitive server. Good but not good enough.

I would make Phasma the leader and give it a go that way. Every bonus attack with Rey or RP is pretty solid.
  • "Roo2;326928" wrote:
    Maybe I am reading wrong, but isn't the RT pretty key to the group? If he gains 50% turn meter every time any enemy is exposed, then isn't he constantly attacking at the start of a fight? Poe, Finn, and RP all have high chances to expose, as does RT himself. Seems (on paper) to be quite awesome synergy.

I've been thinking about farming this team as well (all 5 of them, no subs) because I figured the offense and potency boost from Poe would be perfect for tons of exposed effect, and boost the focus fire from the two cannons and Rey.

he sounds good on paper, I just don't have him yet. I just finished 7-star Poe today and I'm going to finish Rey, then I'll try and finish RP. Maybe he will be good.
  • "Ello_Asty;327141" wrote:
    Resistance Trooper will go on the first turn right after Poe. The exposes from Poe will give him 100% turn meter. RT tries to apply his own expose and will gain meter if successful, but since it's rate is like 50% and his potency is not very high, it gets resisted so it works maybe 25% of the time, if that. I don't have him maxed out and I stopped farming him, so maybe there is something that helps his potency along the way? Finn still wastes a turn but he is hitting a bit harder thanks to the guaranteed crit on the next turn.

@evanbio There is still a little bit of hope for RP. Remember, she gains meter on crits so putting her on teams led by the likes of Sid/88 and paired with Phasma helps quite a bit. I think that maybe she got a nerf because of the synergies you could make with her at level 80 would make her more powerful than intended.

I believe Poe's leader ability improves the team's potency. Finn is too slow to be useful and his 2nd ability is kind of meh... As soon as I dropped Finn my team started winning.

Part of the problem I see with Resistance squads are Dooku & Daka teams, the stuns just cause too much havoc. A general problem for everybody is RG or RG + ST Han teams and not having a taunt debuff attack like QGJ. Perhaps replacing Finn with QGJ or Yoda might work. Once Old Ben is fixed I was actually thinking about running him as Leader because of his Evasion / Turn Meter leader ability. That could make this team pretty fast, or at least RP and RT. Although I don't have a useable RT yet. :(

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago