Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Tarkin and the forgotten empire

I should admit in the very beginning that Tarkin was the first 4* I have owned. One crystal card rewarded me with him in the first week I played this game. So, my judgments may be bias because of such a bond.

That said, I always feel that Offense down is the single most powerful ability, which lowered the damage of all attacks to a half. This means that next time you see a Leia or FOTP, they could not one shot you, for 3 turns!

However, anyone who have experimented with Tarkin know that he is soo slow! The rise of Poe to the throne, however, may just prove to be the redemption for Tarkin. Poe's taunt (active or passive) will most likely give Tarkin enough time to cast his special. If Tarkin is the leader, his passive leadership skill can also speed himself up to 128. This effectively means that as long as he lives, offense downs are always applied!

Other characters I can think of who will work nicely with these two are Lumi (or Barriss for hp balancing), and two big dps such as Leia, FOTP, QGJ and the like. Due to the absence of Poggle, I don't think Geo Soldier and ig86 would be very good here. When I switched Tarkin for Poggle because of f2p farmability reasons, I thought a buff and a debuff (Ackbar cannot dispel this, I saw him failed) should work similarly. But Poggle's main attack is just too little compared with Tarkin, who has another AOE special that reduces turn meters! Offense up can hardly save a team whose 1st dps has been taken out. But offense down and healers stand a much better chance, especially when AI is controlling our squad.

Another comparison Tarkin always faces is against Old Ben, who has a similar offence down special (for 2 turns). The advantage Tarkin has is that his could cover through the whole fight because of CDs, but Ben's cant. Tarkin also has a higher basic attack and one more special than Ben does.

Lastly, I speculate that Tarkin will be more popular, as we have seen in LS tier 7 that the Emperor is there. Once he becomes available to us, and is rightly grouped into Empire, Tarkin's speed leader skill could be even stronger.
  • Don't forget Tarkin also applies turn meter down effects. He's very viable in the current meta if only you can bring his speed up.