Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Tarkin mechanics and potency

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I understand that this has been discussed on past post but looking for some clarification on tarkin basic stacking potency. In phase 2 of the sith raid using the following team
Palp (L), Thrawn, Tarkin, Ezra, and BB8 after 5 illuminated destines and thrawn with Ezra kicking as many turns as possible to tarkin I am able to do roughly 381k with tarkin doing just over 1 million total damage. This is not highest tier and my tarkin potency is only 42% currently no zeta and only gear 10.
Now my buddy is exact opposite gear 12, unique zeta’d and potency around 85% and his damage out put has never been higher then 305k. Am I missing something when it comes to the damage being similar. Yes we are both waiting for illuminated destiny to go off before dropping tarkin nuke. Thanks again for taking the time to read this.
  • You can increase his potency by spamming countless basics before unleashing that one devasting ultimate firepower.
  • "Kiritoismyname;c-1525491" wrote:
    You can increase his potency by spamming countless basics before unleashing that one devasting ultimate firepower.

Crit chance crit damage and + offense work as usual with that attack?
  • You do 381k but Tarkin does 1 million? Am I missing something in the maths here?
  • He means, I think, that Tarkin does 381k in one hit, and his team does 1M.

I think.

Interesting concept. But why waste BB8 there? Could try veers lead and EP for offense up. Is there anyone else that gives the crit damage up buff?

Heck, for complete Theorycraft, Gar Saxon lead would double or more the number of Basics he could get off. Might be fun to try.
  • The unique Zeta is more for making him tankier. Unless your friend also waits for all the adds to be debuffed too before using it

I would imagine you may have better mods on your Tarkin or are managing to feed him more basics.
  • April 2018 guys. I think i already answered his question lol. Anyway,

"Mephisto_style;c-1763484" wrote:
    "Kiritoismyname;c-1525491" wrote:
    You can increase his potency by spamming countless basics before unleashing that one devasting ultimate firepower.

Crit chance crit damage and + offense work as usual with that attack?

For all the time i've been playing, i've never bothered to look up how stacking bonuses react with modding multipliers. Although, from my unrecorded experience, it probably does work as usual.

I'd personally mod him for potency though. He also gets defense bonuses from pot, and he's quite a tank with all that defense.
  • Got my tarkin at 90%+ potency gear 11. Which makes +45% defence .
    I think potency mods with a potency cross is the way to go.
  • Thank you all. Yes, I ressurrected an old thread by searching Tarkin and Potency because I felt like I wasn't using Ultimate Firepower correctly. My hits with it in STR 1 are always around 11000. And I felt like I could probablt remod and try some new strategies to boost that.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 9 hours ago