Forum Discussion

mykdapet
Seasoned Novice
3 years ago

Thought GLs were supposed to be 'unbeatable' without a GL

Had my JML team taken down by someone in GAC who doesn't have a GL - in a single fight. I thought that wasn't supposed to be possible any longer.

What gives?
    mykdapet
    Seasoned Novice
    JML lead, JKL, Revan, HY, GAS.

Thinking he used GAS/Clones
  • "LordGrahck;c-2323989" wrote:
    "cboath7;d-252278" wrote:
    Had my JML team taken down by someone in GAC who doesn't have a GL - in a single fight. I thought that wasn't supposed to be possible any longer.

What gives?

Not by a long shot. All the recent nerfing to Darth Vader and other meta teams did was make it harder to use non-GL counters. It didn't take them away completely. Darth Revan can still take out JML with good RNG. As you've witnessed, GAS can take on JML as well. I know from personal experience that JKL/JKR can take on SLKR, and Emperor Palpatine with Darth Vader & Mara Jade can take on SEE as long as Malak isn't on the team. It takes a good amount of RNG and careful planning, but the non-GL counters are still out there.

This.

What CG did was make these counters less accessable for peasants and F2P players by requiring better mods, higher relics, bigger brain and RnGsus answering your prayers.
  • "cboath7;d-252278" wrote:

What gives?

Complete fiction spread by loud youtubers and the majority of Reddit who jump to conclusions without actually testing anything.
  • You can check the history when it goes up to see what they used. But it also depends on your comp and strengths too. Bastila lead JML with Wat can be taken down by Rebels in some situations.
  • Darth Revan with sith empire are pretty effective against JML too. With some RNG though.
  • "MemeMaster;c-2324105" wrote:
    "LordGrahck;c-2323989" wrote:

What gives?

Not by a long shot. All the recent nerfing to Darth Vader and other meta teams did was make it harder to use non-GL counters. It didn't take them away completely. Darth Revan can still take out JML with good RNG. As you've witnessed, GAS can take on JML as well. I know from personal experience that JKL/JKR can take on SLKR, and Emperor Palpatine with Darth Vader & Mara Jade can take on SEE as long as Malak isn't on the team. It takes a good amount of RNG and careful planning, but the non-GL counters are still out there.

This.

What CG did was make these counters less accessable for peasants and F2P players by requiring better mods, higher relics, bigger brain and RnGsus answering your prayers.

And some of the newly released characters too. Kyle Katarn also can make a Rebel fighter team defeat Rey + resistence team.
  • "Gale_Toral;c-2324147" wrote:

What gives?

Complete fiction spread by loud youtubers and the majority of Reddit who jump to conclusions without actually testing anything.

Ummmm, they are posting the videos walking through the whole thing to victory. That sounds more like facts and evidence and irrefutable proof than fiction.