Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Thrawn in Maul team?

Hey guys,

I use squad zMaul, zSavage, zNihilus, Palpatine, zKylo. Every day I am rank 1 - 5 in arena.
I like Thrawn and I would like to have him in the team without major changes. Can Thrawn work verry well in a Sith team? Someone tested zMaul, zSavage, zNihilus, zKylo and Thrawn? Or zMaul, zSavage, zNihilus, sith trooper and Thrawn?
Thank you
  • His fracture will fall off very quickly since you have only one additional Empire. I don't think he will add to your sith.
  • Pretty much what the user above said. Lack of synergy and he would get focused down so much...I don't think he's as "standalone viable" as DN.
  • With zMaul teams getting lots of stealth, Thrawn is going to get beat down. If you have him maxed with fast mods and zeta his unique, it'd probably be good. He won't beat most of his Sith teammates on his first turn, but as long as he goes before the other team, he can Fracture someone and the stealth on most of the Sith is going to be like a soft taunt for Thrawn. Lots of counters.
    Of course, EP is the only person on your list who is an Empire character, so the rest of Thrawn's unique is mostly wasted, but whatever.
  • Currently Testing:

Zaul, Thrawn, Sith Assassin, Shore Trooper, DN
    - Great on offense and like my Thrawn lead team, good counter to chaze, chirrut, gk, and rex squads
    - The anti-crit makes a difference
    - Not being sith, Thrawn is at greater risk when shore's taunt is off

Tested So Far:

Thrawn, Sun Fac, Sith Assassin, Shore Trooper, and DN
    - great on offense and good counter to chaze, gk, chirrut, and rex based squads
    - good TM gain when buff/debuff gain/lost
    - Maneuver works really well for TM gain

Zader, Thrawn, Shore Trooper, DN, and Sith Assassin
    - Strong offense but exposed against fellow empire (zader lead teams)

Thrawn Config
    - Speed: 230
    - Protection boosts in Triangle, Cross, and Circle (plus boosts in square and diamond)
    - Moderate Tenacity
    - SA and DN both have high speed (255 and 230 respectively)

Pending Testing:
    Thrawn, Shore Trooper, Sith Trooper, DN, Sith Assassin
    Thrawn, Shore Trooper, Sith Trooper, DN, EP
    - Thrawn, DN, SA and EP all high speed (>230 each).

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 4 years ago