Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Thrawn's Basic

So I finally unlocked 7* Thrawn and I can't seem to understand the benefit of inflicting Speed Up on Thrawn's Basic. It has no correlation to his Special, Lead, or Unique abilities to give him an advantage in any way so why give an enemy a buff!? What's the strategy in that? Am I missing something?
  • Because it speeds up the opponent to take they’re next turn. Once that happens they’re inflicted with ability block, which works even if they have tenacity up. It was a counter to the tenacity up meta that was going on at the time.
  • The speed up can also be very useful of used right... Speeding up a taunter, for example, can make the taunt end sooner. Also, if a team relies on a specific turn order, it can mess it up. For example, whenever I fight the AA (l) Hermit team in my shard, I know I need to speed up their Thrawn, so his farcture will happen right after AA uses his 'give 100% TM to the next Ally who uses a special' ability, which ends fracture.
  • It also works well with DN : Trhawn gives Speed Up to someone and DN dispel it with his basic wich remove 2 from his cooldown (since it had somethoing to dispel). If you're using GK it all happen in one mass attack :smiley:
  • Also once the ability block happens thrawn can hit them with his basic again and stun them which works well against characters that counter because thrawn is beefy and can take a hit

Example zylo has retribution, thrawn shoots him and gives speed up and gets hit back no big deal to thrawn. Then you focus on Phasma with everyone else and when kylo goes he gets ability block when his turn ends after using his aoe to renew retribution. Then when thrawn goes he can stun kylo with his basic and all your characters can pound him without getting countered.
  • Ability Block can be resisted. Giving a buff which transforms to a debuff allows to apply that debuffs everytime a toon does not evade the hit.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago