Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Viable squad?

Hey just looking for opinions if a empire squad consisting of the following would do well in arena or not
Krennic(zeta)
Deathtrooper
Tie pilot
Thrawn
Stormtrooper
I’m not really looking to be number 1 or anything like that, tho top 100 would definitely be nice I just want to place decently while using a team that i would enjoy using instead of the same old broken lightside meta
  • Thrawn (l)
    Krennic
    DT
    Stormtrooper
    Shoretrooper

Do really well... not sure how well it would work w/o shore though.
  • "t0neg0d;c-1435732" wrote:
    Thrawn (l)
    Krennic
    DT
    Stormtrooper
    Shoretrooper

Do really well... not sure how well it would work w/o shore though.

Yeah I’ve heard good things about shore but man that guy is a tough farm so I don’t think I’ll have him anytime soon, would you say for sure a thrawn lead is better than krennic tho? 10% protection on critical hits sound really nice tbh
  • I think thrawn for sure. Ive tried running both leads... thrawns cleanse, 2% protection recovery, 15% protection boost and overall TM gain is great.

My shore has close to 70k protection. With thrawn lead that goes up to almost 85k... command recovers 40% of that and speeds up the cool down of taunt. Which feeds him more protection recovery & more TM gain (not to mention the constant heals) from thrawn lead.

Shore becomes pretty close to unkillable at that point.

As apposed to krennic which requires critical hit chance mods on a tank to become effective, which isn't the mods I choose for shore or storm.
  • Thrawn lead is so much better than a krennic lead, I run krennic, but only cause I don’t have thrawn. Krennic is beatable but there one team in my shard that I struggle with and that’s a troopers team behind a zzThrawn.
  • Agree on shores usefulness. Actively working on him to hold on top 50 since JRey and return of CLS. He and thrawn really work well together and his anti-crit is made for anti-rebel. Same with DT. The double tap with daze is anti-CLS lead all the way

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago