Forum Discussion

6 years ago

What to do with Cantina Energy - A Case Study

So I finally reached the end of the farmable characters in the cantina and was faced with a decision about what to do with the energy that accumulates.

First some data. Provided you keep depleting it, you get 5 cantina energy per hour (1 point every 12 minutes), as well as 45 bonus energy once per day.

Option 1) Farm shards for the shard store.
At a rate of 165 energy per day, I can do 16.5 pulls of Node 3-F. With a .33 chance of getting a KRU shard and a TIE Silencer shard, I will get 5.445 shards of each, and by extension ~185 extra shard shop currency per day. With this I can get 6 pieces of Stun Gun/Cuff/Carbanti salvage.

Option 2) Hoard the energy.
Do 3 pulls on node 1-A for 24 energy to complete daily activities. Bank the additional 21 bonus energy (as the regular amount will stop accruing). Using this method, I could potentially bank at least 1300 cantina energy by the time another marquee character shows up, unless Ebon Hawk unexpectedly gets sent there. This would give me roughly a 27-54 shard head start, maybe more depending on when the next character shows up and on what energy node they are placed. (Also get 1 Geo Soldier shard daily for 15 shard shop currency).

Option 3) Farm Omegas
Do ~10 pulls per day on any of the last board of nodes. Anecdotally I've heard the drop rate for Omegas is about 10%, so roughly 1 extra Omega per day. (Also get 3 character shards for 45 shard shop currency)

I'm leaning towards Option 1, but I'm curious to hear what others are doing.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago