9 years ago

What's scaring people away?

I'm currently using a non meta Arena team. All level 76

Dooku (L) Gear 8
Fives Gear 9
Lumi Gear 8
Phasma Gear 8
Kylo Gear 8

Is it just the Dooku lead? I've never been so high in Arena as I am now. Currently ranked #29. Can't go much higher. But I just was wondering. My squad really has no synergy. It would be one I would target. Wouldn't you?
  • "Tru_Bree11;36058" wrote:
    I'm currently using a non meta Arena team. All level 76

Dooku (L) Gear 8
    Fives Gear 9
    Lumi Gear 8
    Phasma Gear 8
    Kylo Gear 8

Is it just the Dooku lead? I've never been so high in Arena as I am now. Currently ranked #29. Can't go much higher. But I just was wondering. My squad really has no synergy. It would be one I would target. Wouldn't you?

You have a "tanky" squad with a bit of counter attack to it, some folks may not want to deal with that. I almost think your squad would be better without Dooku, put Phasma at lead and replace Dooku with a burstier attacker to add some pressure. The reason I say cut Dooku is because you want them to hit 5's and Kylo and his dodge negates that a little, just my opinion. If you have Old Daka I'd swap her in for Lumi too. Maybe something like...

Phasma(L)
    5's
    Kylo
    Rey, GS, or IG86
    Daka
  • Yeah, I have a 6* IG86 that I have yet to level and gear. I also have Daka and Rey but they're only 4* and i'm not so sure that they are viable at that star level. I'm looking to replace Lumi because she's just lost a lot of appeal. I'd rather use 86. I've got a QGJ that's almost 6* so I've put farming Daka on hold for a bit. Just so many toons that I need to level!

Also -- If I can't use Daka, would a 5* Geared RG be a good substitute?
  • Fives. That the only thing you need to know and is your actual answer.
  • Man, It's so sad to me that he gets such a bad rap. He was actually my very first 7* character. Loved him from the beginning. Played him ever since I randomly unlocked him in chromium. Been on my Arena team since like week 3 of me playing the game.
  • @younglukesky Na, I was meaning Fives! Haha that's one of the reasons that I keep Dooku in. No one wants to fight him!
  • @younglukesky I never put out for Boba. But hopefully he can get a buff at some point so you can use him to his maximum!
  • Yeah, while Ewoks might beat your team, it would take 35 minutes and I would ultimately lose (draw) so yes I avoid teams like yours. :)
  • "Tru_Bree11;376961" wrote:
    @younglukesky I never put out for Boba. But hopefully he can get a buff at some point so you can use him to his maximum!

Try Boba as leader with droids or Greedo, FOO, etc. and RG. That +50% crit damage with Phasma crit guarantee is very appealing.
  • Everybody is scared off by 5's, he is a beast when he starts countering every hit. I am farming him up as fast as possible.
  • "djlott;377002" wrote:
    "Tru_Bree11;376961" wrote:
    @younglukesky I never put out for Boba. But hopefully he can get a buff at some point so you can use him to his maximum!

Try Boba as leader with droids or Greedo, FOO, etc. and RG. That +50% crit damage with Phasma crit guarantee is very appealing.

Boba and Greedo sounds good. Critical hit equals double attack for Greedo