Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Whats wrong with droid + poggle?

Is there a problem with the droid + poggle set up? Tinygrimes said there was and I don't know if it's viable against the current meta
  • "Shizmoo;71791" wrote:
    The droids do sound awesome on paper, but in reality they drop quick and fast even with my Poe at 140 something speed doofus and Sid go before him. Only 2 out of 5 characters in the group hit worth a damn, the IGs. Even with 86's ability to one shot with assist skill, they die way too fast by surviving enemies especially aoe and dooku counter attack

With poe at 143, he's as fast as anyone.

The thing about Droids is that they have a chance vs anyone. They are squishy, so they may lose vs anyone, but if poe goes first, they can start rolling, and the crit chains give them turn meter, which means they can act back to back and clear most of the board before the enemy acts. When IG88/HK47 get several crits in an AOE and inmediately acts again, that's very powerful.
  • Lol tiny grimes is in my server and a droid poggle team is consistently top 5 usually #1 by his cut off time
    Hk lead
    Poggle
    Poe
    It's a brutal team
  • "Andrew;71832" wrote:
    "ThirteenthVoice;71732" wrote:
    Not viable in current meta. Fun as hell to play but not reliable in any way...But Fun to play

It is completely viable if Poe is included in the lineup. Poe, Poggle, IG-86, IG-88, HK-47.

I have just demolished such a team in Arena with Lumi, Kylo, Dooku, Sid and Phasma being a leader :)
  • "jtveclipse12;71857" wrote:
    There are 21 characters at max level that will get their turns before the fastesr droid (ig88). Enemy poe can make their entire team go before the droids, due to his taunt removing turn meter.

Some of the 21 that go before are leia, dooku, sid, rey, GS, qjg... you get the idea. Loads of dmg can go out long before the droids go. Your only hope would be if your poe goes first and taunts.

But that problem exists with every Poe vs. Poe battle so it's not specific to a droid setup. I run Sid/Poe/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88 on occasion and if the other team's Poe goes first then I wait even with 2 tier 1 speed demons and a tier 2 When I run GC/Lumi in place of the droids I still can see the entire team go first.

It is what it is.

The droids are a lot of fun. Setting up IG-88 then watching him pop is about as much fun as you can have in this game. And with the Poggle Toggle speed boost your droids are just as fast as anyone else after the first round. When I finish 86's 7* I'll probably move to HK just for the sake of getting slightly better results out of IG-88.
  • I've got a 4 driod team, 7* blah blah. For the 5th slot I have Talia. You only need the one heal and the turn meter boost helps. Driods are slow but one they start critting their turn meter soon pops forward. Aoe attacks bump the meter up as well giving you more attacks.
    What really harms a driod team are counter attackers I find.

Fun to play, but it is in the hands of RNG. I've watched my team bounce off just been cause my crit ratio was wonky.

I haven't tried lobot or poggle yet, just going through the farming process.

I'm sure Eeth will become popular soon :smiley:

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago