Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Which dark team composition?

Just getting started on my dark side team. Could use some help deciding who to use for dark side team. Pls assume they're all lvl 75.

*core*
6* EP G8 lvl
6* Vader G8 lvl

Options (pick 3):
7* Boba G8 (not empire/sith)
5* Tarkin G8 (will take to 7*)
5* TFP G8 (will take to 7*)
5* STH G7 (will take to 7* G8)
5* Thrawn G6 (will take t G8)

Work in progress:
3* KRU
3* Stormtrooper

What do you guys think? I'm definitely taking Tarkin/TFP to 7* as I do well in my ship shard (top 5) and want to stay there. I was thinking Boba/Tarkin/TFP as those are my strongest right now, but it has no tank. Maybe swap in STH?

https://swgoh.gg/u/zhpkiller/collection/

Thanks!

• Agree with Tarkin, TFP, Thrawn

Thrawn neuters their tank pretty quickly, and adds survivability to the whole team with his TM swap/protection heal. TFP will give you tons of dps, and provide buff immunity once fracture wears off on oponent’s tank, assuming he survives that long. Tarkin is just all-around a good character.
  • Would no tank present a major flaw in the team? EP may get killed really fast in this case. I'm bringing up a stormtrooper and sth just in case.

Otherwise this would be a good team to climb with, but not so good defensively.
  • With the tank options you have available I’m not entirely sure. Most people only use a tank that starts turn one with taunt already like shoretrooper or sith trooper. The problem with tanks that don’t start with taunt on an empire team is that by the time you get taunt off, it’s already too late or your opponent dispels the taunt and now you’ve got a useless character. Now if you don’t mind shelling out some crystals to get shoretrooper to four or five stars, it can be really good as long as you gear and mod it well. Generally speaking star level doesn’t matter as much on tanks. Shoretrooper and sith trooper are ideal since they start turn one with taunt and force your opponent to deal with it while you get the empire tm train rolling. Shoretrooper is far superior though unless you’re using like a sion/Nihilus team.
  • "zhpkiller;c-1488031" wrote:
    Would no tank present a major flaw in the team? EP may get killed really fast in this case. I'm bringing up a stormtrooper and sth just in case.

Otherwise this would be a good team to climb with, but not so good defensively.

Ideally with the new zEP/Vader updates, your entire team gets to 100% TM and you get a full round of attacks before the other team even goes... and that means Palp gets his AoE lightning attack off, likely stunning 2-4 of the opposing team, while DN/DT increase cooldowns so specials can’t even be used, and Tarkin can remove massive TM, allowing even a second round of attacks before the opposing team even takes a turn.

It’s not only possible to run zEP without a tank, there are plenty of practical reasons for doing so. It’s similar to the Zaul and Droid metas of the past, the opening barrage can be insurmountable.