Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Which zeta is better?

I'm nearing my next zeta, i'm thinking putting it under Qui-gon or Barriss. Qui-gon (11) would lead a team with Ahsoka(10), Luminara (10), Yoda(9) and Barriss or Ezra (10/9). My guild says that Zarriss is better, that he would fit Wiggs(11) or any other team well and would be op when i unlock GK(in a month or so). What to do you think?
  • "Szelenas;d-132352" wrote:
    I'm nearing my next zeta, i'm thinking putting it under Qui-gon or Barriss. Qui-gon (11) would lead a team with Ahsoka(10), Luminara (10), Yoda(9) and Barriss or Ezra (10/9). My guild says that Zarriss is better, that he would fit Wiggs(11) or any other team well and would be op when i unlock GK(in a month or so). What to do you think?

zBariss is only useful along with high health toons, Wiggs isn't much viable at this point.
    zQGJ is mandatory if you want to play Jedis but Luminara and Tano aren't much interesting jedis.

I don't think you have enough viable jedis to build a decent enough team. Sadly you own Thrawn and Nihilus but they're not gear enough yet. Once you'll get GK you could build a GK/R2/zBariss basic team along with Thrawn/Nihilus/Ezra/Old Ben, it could work against current meta and Bariss zeta would definitely help.

Thrawn would help against other GK or annoying tanks and Nihilus would get rid of annoying toons without much relying upon damages (GK/Bariss/R2 as a start is a really low damage comp). Old Ben would make your team tough as hell and he's also a jedi - Ezra could bring some dispell and decent damages.

Until then, add a tank in your team - Baze+Chirrut or Old Ben. Running such a fragile team without a tank is beyond suicidal. :)
  • Looking at what you have going on I'd say that zetaing Maul and switching to Sith would be your best bet for climbing in arena with who you have.

I'd use: Zaul (l), Vader, Palps, Dooku, Nihilus.
    If their gear was higher, I'd recommend any of your other Sith over Vader, Palps. and Dooku (I'd replace them in that order) Assassin, Savage and Sith Trooper are your best replacements there.

Yes the Zaul meta is over, but he is still really good in arena. Better than Wiggs or Zader or Jedi. I'd be amazed if you couldn't break top 200 under his lead ESPECIALLY with CLS on the board. He's all about TM gain and Counter attack. AoE Daze is a pretty good answer to that.

Before the CLS meta, I did see a few Wedge leads in high end arena, but they all had Chirrut and Baze in them as well. Most of them had R2, a few had Lando or Jyn Erso. If you have CLS that opens up more rebels to arena viability, but most of them aren't that great without him.

Finally, whatever team you end up running, (other than a Nihilus lead) you really need to make sure your damage dealers have both a crit damage set and a crit damage triangle. Characters just don't hit hard enough to make it to the top of arena without that. You don't have crit damage on Wedge currently, and that cripples his effectiveness. I see you have a crit damage set on Leia, but a crit chance triangle. That is better, but she is really wanting the crit damage triangle as well.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.

22,724 PostsLatest Activity: 7 years ago