Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Yet another "help me with my team"

I'm level 66. In my arena shard I can get up to the high teen's, usually drop to 40's/50's. My shard is 90% Chaze + (resistance or Boba) or DN + Dooku/sith. Sometimes even Chaze + DN + Dooku

I've been running Ackbar lead, Lando, STHan, Boba and either Lumi or Phasma. Running Phasma recently because I rely on Boba executing Baze with a crit to kill him. I have good speed mods on ST Han/Boba and can always go first yet I still lose 60-70% of the time.

Anyways, I'm looking for advice. I can't seem to reliably beat either of these teams. I think my issue against both teams is that I have too much AoE. Dooku destroys me via counters. Chaze destroys me via heals/longevity/constant taunting (as I'm taking Chirrut <100% hp over and over and over)

Ideas:
1) I love the idea of going FO but I don't have people at high enough stars. They're decently geared but low stars. I know gear is more important, but still feels like it wouldn't be competitive. I have FOO (3*), FOST (4*) and FOTP (3*) leveled. I don't have Kylo yet.
2) I've been devoting a lot of resources to getting Yoda. Probably a mistake. Could sub Yoda for Phasma maybe.
3) I'm also working on getting Wedge. Could do a standard rebel team. I have Biggs and Leia both leveled.

I probably need more single target damage/nuke. Maybe Wedge will provide? ST Han + Wiggs + Leia + Boba.

Thanks for any thoughts in advance
  • I'd currently be playing Biggs over Phasma. He hits a lot harder, and meshes well with your team. Then when you get wedge you have your team. (Makes biggs special the automatic kill button every 3 turns, so with STHan going first the game starts as a 5v4.) It's very unbalanced, so use it to your advantage.
    Currently you seem to be using Phasma for automatic crits, yet you don't take advantage of the extra crit dmg from a lando or boba lead.

Before you get wedge, I'd run Lando (L), Biggs, Boba, StHan, and either leia or ackbar for the 5th. Wedge would take over for Leia or Ackbar. After you have wedge, you could sub in Ackbar for Lando only if you need the extra speed to have your STHan go first.
  • The only issue I have with the Biggs "instakill" is that it won't be an instakill against Baze taunt to start. Unless I have my Boba go first and remove his taunt with execute. Which is doable, I suppose
  • No probably not, it's up to you how you want to handle baze. I'd probably dispel with boba and then triple shot whoever you can. Chirrut or Wedge.
  • Under Lando's lead boba will go first, and if not change some mods.
    And avoid facing Dooku under DN lead for now, because all your team can't kill him even if he's alone. You need an instakill, stun, shock, healing immunity or daze to take him
  • You don't want to speed up Boba so he goes before SThan, make sure STHan has the best speed mods. Him going first means your entire team will go first.
  • Boba has 21 more base speed than sth , so I think he will lose a lot if he modded sth to go first especially at his level (66) , also a fast boba could ab enemy boba or sth.
    I'm not an expert; I'm relatively new, but when I was at his level I won most of the battles that my boba went first.
  • I'm only level 80, but I'm speaking from playing the best rebel teams at the very top of my shard. The only reason they would speed their boba up is if their STHan was slower than the opponents. There is one Ackbar lead that sits at the top of my shard since players have started to catch up to his SThan in speed. Currently his STHan has 214 Speed + 25 from Ackbar Lead = 239 (Props if your boba can beat that).

Currently his entire team will go before anyone else's in the shard. That's a huge advantage, and can obviously overcome Ackbar being pretty poor in other areas.
  • Wiggs, lando, boba and STHan can work great for you. If Baze is an issure for you, try to mod wedge to go bofore Biggs so he applies def down before Biggs triple hit. Lando/Biggs/wedge bring you a load of AoE damage, and using Biggs as a single target killer can hep to mitigate counters. The next step for this team would be farming chirrut and Jyn. Chirrut has great synergy with the reest of the team especially Baze and Jyn offers some great turn meter manipulation.
  • If you have the common qgj leveled you can put him in for Lando to dispel Baze to be able to one shot or execute Chirrut
  • I appreciate the replies. FO seems really cool but like you just said, probably can't stack up. I'll work on the last few shards for Wedge and then my rebel team should be pretty set.

I've been upgrading my mods so both of my Boba and STH are pretty quick. As long as my STH goes before their team, I can't see a reason why my Boba shouldn't go before STH. Quick mass AB then get the extra TM from STH, right?