Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Zetas for Wiggs/Chaze

Currently running Wiggs/Chaze + R2 and I'm really noticing the lack of Zeta upgrades available for this squad. Anyone else think there's a gap here?

Don't see why potentially adding one or two in the future would be inappropriate. Thoughts?
  • Both pairs are very dated kits, (although upon release, both those duos were the Meta for their time), it does seem unlikely that we would see any re-visit to the More recent Rogue One characters just due to it being a stand-alone movie - the design space is certainly there, as both Baze and Chirrut have two abilities currently maxed at 7, so perhaps if there is ever a game-wide rebalancing effort (which is unlikely, at least in my opinion, as power creep to encourage profits seems to very much be the established modus operandi these last 4 years) they could receive some attention.

A return pass to Original Trilogy content is more likely in my opinion, and since Both Biggs and Wedge were released before zetas were even introduced it is possible (although I find it more likely that it would predominantly focus on newly released characters as part of the long speculated ‘penultimate’ character in Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker from RotJ), but Wedge was at the Battle of Endor, so a kit touch up hitting his current level 7 leadership with a zeta (perhaps adding a protection recovery aspect?) could come to pass.

Biggs though, being anchored firmly in ep.IV territory, and needing a kit redesign (as all his current abilities are already level 8 omegas, so they either add an ability or re-tool an existing ones doesn’t seem as probable.

Not beyond the realm of possibility though, and his current kit is fairly solid as is, so with a stat boost as part of his rework, He could find a place on the table again (and there has always been some demand for a Legendary Event to give either Farmboy Luke or Commander Luke Red 5, so that could be an incentive for them to do it...)

TL/DR: outdated (and somewhat outlying) toons, except for R2, so very little incentive (monetarily) for the developers to do anything to them anytime soon...
  • "Baby_Yoda;c-2035858" wrote:
    "TheJEFFtm;c-2035855" wrote:
    Both pairs are very dated kits, (although upon release, both those duos were the Meta for their time), it does seem unlikely that we would see any re-visit to the More recent Rogue One characters just due to it being a stand-alone movie - the design space is certainly there, as both Baze and Chirrut have two abilities currently maxed at 7, so perhaps if there is ever a game-wide rebalancing effort (which is unlikely, at least in my opinion, as power creep to encourage profits seems to very much be the established modus operandi these last 4 years) they could receive some attention.

A return pass to Original Trilogy content is more likely in my opinion, and since Both Biggs and Wedge were released before zetas were even introduced it is possible (although I find it more likely that it would predominantly focus on newly released characters as part of the long speculated ‘penultimate’ character in Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker from RotJ), but Wedge was at the Battle of Endor, so a kit touch up hitting his current level 7 leadership with a zeta (perhaps adding a protection recovery aspect?) could come to pass.

Biggs though, being anchored firmly in ep.IV territory, and needing a kit redesign (as all his current abilities are already level 8 omegas, so they either add an ability or re-tool an existing ones doesn’t seem as probable.

Not beyond the realm of possibility though, and his current kit is fairly solid as is, so with a stat boost as part of his rework, He could find a place on the table again (and there has always been some demand for a Legendary Event to give either Farmboy Luke or Commander Luke Red 5, so that could be an incentive for them to do it...)

TL/DR: outdated (and somewhat outlying) toons, except for R2, so very little incentive (monetarily) for the developers to do anything to them anytime soon...

Yeah they will go back to OT once the game is about to enter it's inevitable tombstone and release Jedi Luke and a Darth Vader that doesnt stink.

Spoiler
    Every game inevitably dies.

Unless memes resurrect it *cough* Minecraft *cough*

What is the matter with Vader’s kit? Yes, it is also dated in relation to some of the newer characters in game. But a moderately fast Vader (with his added speed boosts) under zPalpatine lead with Empire/Sith characters rounding out the squad is probably the top B++ squad in the game right now, they are going to take down anything that wasn’t released in the last year. And they are always just one new toon away from a gamebreaking composition (look back at the Sith Empire releases and the ’emergency’ patches they had to implement to keep papa Palp and daddy Vader from steamrolling the shiniest new toys on the block...).

(Apologies for going somewhat off topic, but dated toon kits is somewhat in-line with the conversation...)
  • "TheJEFFtm;c-2035855" wrote:
    Both pairs are very dated kits, (although upon release, both those duos were the Meta for their time), it does seem unlikely that we would see any re-visit to the More recent Rogue One characters just due to it being a stand-alone movie - the design space is certainly there, as both Baze and Chirrut have two abilities currently maxed at 7, so perhaps if there is ever a game-wide rebalancing effort (which is unlikely, at least in my opinion, as power creep to encourage profits seems to very much be the established modus operandi these last 4 years) they could receive some attention.

Thanks for this, sheds some light on the development of the game from originals through to the cartoons. I do agree that a zeta on wedge's unique/lead would be really cool.
  • What you’re mentioning would be a cool way to use relic abilities if they eventually exist. Imagine they add a new that interacts with an old existing one.
    Example
    Wimpy kiddybaby whiners talk about zeta Vader lead being useless and wanting a refund. ( stupid complaint)

Imagine if Vader relic ability becomes something to the effect of “enemies with damage over time cannot recover protection”

This would give a little relevance to his old lead without changing the whole kit. Like who really wants to see darth revan get a super good relic ability.

Perhaps, if that is at all what relic abilities will be like , then there is hope for wedge & crew. And also , if you have those guys decent they are a still useful for cleanup.
  • R2's Number Crunch zeta is certainly worth it. Also for CLS, Padme and JTR. If you want to make the most of your investment in Wiggs and R2, add Han and Chewie instead of Chaze. That's another 3 zetas worth getting.
  • "Darth_DeVito;c-2036100" wrote:
    R2's Number Crunch zeta is certainly worth it. Also for CLS, Padme and JTR. If you want to make the most of your investment in Wiggs and R2, add Han and Chewie instead of Chaze. That's another 3 zetas worth getting.

R2 and C3 both fully zeta'd allow for a large amount of plug and play options, that don't suck.